Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2007 6:11:49 PM EDT
Probably common knowledge, and I half-assed my search, so...

I know my OR CHL is not valid, (I think I can get a non-resident WA permit, correct?)

Otherwise what are my options for driving north this weekend with my pistol?
I was thinking: mag on belt, unloaded G19 in backpack...

That ok, or am I missing the point?

Sorry for asking a question I really should know the answer to by now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the unloaded carry in WA, never looked it up.  But you can get a WA Non-Res permit, or even better, get a Utah that'll cover it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Getting a non-res permit is simple.  

Just go to the Clark Co So, fill out the form, show them your oregon permit, get finger prints done, pay $65 (I think). Permit comes in the mail.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the eventual plan - just not for this weekend.

Just checking the legalities/requirements for having the pistol with me, but not on me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Try posting in the WA hometown forum.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Gackman - do you have to have a reason for a non res WA permit - like would they give a non res to a So OR res that rarely goes to WA?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Gackman - do you have to have a reason for a non res WA permit - like would they give a non res to a So OR res that rarely goes to WA?

If they need a reason, they never asked me.  This was in like 2001.  

I think it hinges on already having an OR permit to show them.  Very fast process.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Man  I thought it was a major PIA to get an out of state CHL for WA.  I might have to look into that now.  Woud be nice to be able to carry up there when we go visit family.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the Utah permit -- it gets you something like 25 states :)
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Before I received my WA permit I called the CCS. They said keep it on the dash or on the front seat in plain sight. I forgot if he said loaded or unloaded...I don't have any of the latter so ...

Call for now...get the permit. Easy as pie!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]
interested in this too as I often amble up north...the Utah permit sounds like the thing to have, so how do you get your grubbies on one of those ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Need to get a hold of OFA or a guy named Moore in Portland. Take a Utah class and send the cash. Still waiting on my permit. Was told to wait 60-75 days...been 30.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it hinges on already having an OR permit to show them.  Very fast process.

Of course its been a few years, but when I was a Oregonian and went to get my WA permit they asked for no reason and you did NOT have to have a Oregon permit either. I was in and out in about 15 minutes start to finish without a appointment and it showed up in the mail about 6 weeks later...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Need to get a hold of OFA or a guy named Moore in Portland. Take a Utah class and send the cash. Still waiting on my permit. Was told to wait 60-75 days...been 30.

Roger's Schedule:

nwsafe.org/#schedule
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you all.

Take care
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course its been a few years, but when I was a Oregonian and went to get my WA permit they asked for no reason and you did NOT have to have a Oregon permit either. I was in and out in about 15 minutes start to finish without a appointment and it showed up in the mail about 6 weeks later...

Exactly the same for me...it was like they were saying "please come to Washington armed"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top