Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2006 9:12:05 PM EDT
So I'm watching Lost tonight and every 15 minutes they keep scrolling about how OIT and the Med. Center are on lockdown because someone reported a "man with a gun."

My guess:
Some college kid was out hunting and brought the gun on campus like a dumbass(although I have no problem with a gun on campus, and think the law/rule is stupid) or some kids were playing airsoft on campus.

Anyone have any news?

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's the campus in K-Falls, that's freaken funny. When I was there I was the President of the gun club. We had a 300 yard range and a 50 Ft tube underground for shooting. Every day after class I would shoot at the minimum of one box of 50 rounds out of one of my .22s. During Spring term and into summer, I would hunt squeaks every day on the range.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have personal Info from someone on glocktalk that lives on the OIT campus.

@ Approx 7:30pm he is working in the computer lab and hears from a friend that the dormitory is on lockdown.  This is apparently becase a guy was seen in a trenchcoat armed witha shotgun walking around campus.

8:10pm.  My friend and all those in computer lab are ushered into the residence hall and parking lot by campus police and local PD.

Since then, the admin claims that it was a student returning from class with a paintball gun.  The real word is that it was a student that had returned to campus after having been in an academic suspension that morning.  The student with the paintball gun also carried the marker to and from the class in a duffel bag.

And of course this campus bans CCW while at the same time disarming the on campus police.

-Fidel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top