Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 9:28:02 PM EDT
Ok my fellow ARFCOM members theres 1 week left before a critical election and while the Federal matter dosnt deal as much with Oregon (hopefully we can kick out a congress member thats anti-gun). The main focus fro us is the state legislator. Gun owners last year stopped a number of gun bans from the #$%^& of Oregon (we all know who im talking about). We have a chance to improve the situation by one reinforceing the Oregon House with pro-gun canidates. And two take back the Oregon senate and remove the pest from her title as Head of the Judicary. We can win and we can make our Gun rights safe here in the wounderful state. As of now Oregon gun rights groups have heard of possible barriage of Gun bans next year. We CANNOT afford to let a repeat of 2005 happen again!. Get out and vote for Republicans.... Even if they arnt the best gun friendlist out there. The control of one or both of the State Congress can stop a Burdick ban in its track with out a vote. Protect our freedoms!

And DON'T VOTE Libertian since your basicly vote for a Democrate if you do!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What's up with Burdick and being city Commissioner?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Get this she was voted down for being a city commissioner. Shes still the jerk and dimwhit of the Oregon Senate and our greatest threat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I voted against Burdick.  I regret that.  She should have won the seat on the city council.  Then she would only be able to fuck up Portland, and left the rest of the state alone.  

This state is gonna turn into a real mess.  I really don't think there's any way to stop it.   I hope I'm out of the city before that happens.

Leftists really are a cancer.  They move in, make their changes which are so important, then everything turns to shit.  They don't ever realize that they are the cause of the problems, but like locusts, they move on to the next place figuring they will get it right if they just keep trying, only to blame the native population for not embracing their "progressive" ideas when it inevitably goes to shit again.  

As it has been said, the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over, but expectign a different result.

Tar:  Check.  Feathers:  Check.  Pitchfork: Check.  Torch:  Check.

Rifles, pistols, shitload of ammo?  Check, Check, doublecheck.

Oh, and Flashpoint?  Have you happened to meet the guy at the gunshows who has a table full of NFA goodies, but with nothing for sale?  I'll bet you two would get along great...
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Already sent the ballot in.  I love vote by mail!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I really didnt look into the measures(im new to all this being from PA) i just looked to see what the Democrates were infavor of and i voted the opposite. I figured that way i cant be wrong
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You gotta keep in mind that not all lefties are anti-gun. And that not all righties have all the right ideas either. I'm conservative, don't get me wrong. But I think straight leg voting is just about as stupid as throwing your vote away. I also think its selfish to vote for someone based solely on what they will do for your 2nd ammendment rights. America is facing serious problems right now. Oregon is facing serious problems as a result of poor decision making.

Methamphetamine use is very dangerous, its taken some of my very close friends, and even family away from me. Our school system is fucked up due to this No child left behind act, its spending more money to bring our society down to the lowest common denominator and thats DANGEROUS. Let me repeat that, Its VERY DANGEROUS for us to say that its ok for our smartest kids to suffer their education so those of them who have made poor choices or don't give a flying fuck about their education a "fair chance".

When you vote this term, I would urge you not to vote selfishly and for just what applies to you. Make a smart decision for our country, and our countries future. Our second ammendment isn't going anywhere, folks. 50 years from now (if we're still a country) it'll still be there, and I'll gladly sacrifice my ability to shoot FA or Assult weapons just to make sure the red white and blue is healthy. Will I necessarily like it? No. But at least I'll know that I chose to make sure our country was on track with the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You gotta keep in mind that not all lefties are anti-gun. And that not all righties have all the right ideas either. I'm conservative, don't get me wrong. But I think straight leg voting is just about as stupid as throwing your vote away. I also think its selfish to vote for someone based solely on what they will do for your 2nd ammendment rights. America is facing serious problems right now. Oregon is facing serious problems as a result of poor decision making.

Methamphetamine use is very dangerous, its taken some of my very close friends, and even family away from me. Our school system is fucked up due to this No child left behind act, its spending more money to bring our society down to the lowest common denominator and thats DANGEROUS. Let me repeat that, Its VERY DANGEROUS for us to say that its ok for our smartest kids to suffer their education so those of them who have made poor choices or don't give a flying fuck about their education a "fair chance".

When you vote this term, I would urge you not to vote selfishly and for just what applies to you. Make a smart decision for our country, and our countries future. Our second ammendment isn't going anywhere, folks. 50 years from now (if we're still a country) it'll still be there, and I'll gladly sacrifice my ability to shoot FA or Assult weapons just to make sure the red white and blue is healthy. Will I necessarily like it? No. But at least I'll know that I chose to make sure our country was on track with the rest of the world.

I feel sorry for you! You actually think by leting democrats take over. Which who would not only destroy both the 1st and 2nd amendment. Make use lose the War on terror and let Islam extreamisum take over the world. The 2nd Amendment is importaint, but so is Victory for America in the war. Democrates want us to fail like they did to us in Vietnam. No im not only voteing for our guns but for our troops as well.

If you want to live in a semi-socilist state move to Kaliforina
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Maybe i shouldnt have gone so far with the last post but most of it was a joke. I did atleast think i made that clear? And as much as i love being called selfish and stupid it would be just as bad for me to say the same about you for what you are saying(All this is just point of view). I vote the way i do because it promotes what I believe America is. You dont agree, fine. I could sit here and pick apart your last post and throw my ideas and beliefs in there but it would not do anything but get this moved to the GD, and maybe upset afew people aswell.  POINT i was trying to make before i started to babble was you vote your way, for you believe, and ill do the same. BTW no hard feeling on my end.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel sorry for you! You actually think by leting democrats take over. Which who would not only destroy both the 1st and 2nd amendment. Make use lose the War on terror and let Islam extreamisum take over the world. The 2nd Amendment is importaint, but so is Victory for America in the war. Democrates want us to fail like they did to us in Vietnam. No im not only voteing for our guns but for our troops as well.

At what point in my post did I say I wanted democrats to take over? Every time I see a hippie hugging a tree or someone who protests the war I want to punch them. My whole point in that post was to point out that every politically charged post ive ever seen on this site is "oh they're going to take our guns away from us" or "here comes another liberal trying to take away our gun rights" as if thats the only thing that mattered to them. I'm saying there's issues at hand that really demand our attention rather than whether or not we have cheap m-16's or mp5's. Our school system is seriously suffering, and we have problems with our own government trying to boil it all down, find the dumbest person they can find and then base america off of that guy. Granted that kind of thing epitomizes what alot of the liberal idiots out there try to do. There are democrats out there that have some decent ideas, and im not telling you to vote for them. I'm just saying that you need to look at something other than just "where does this person stand on my second amendment rights" when you connect that arrow. If Hitler were running for president would you vote for him just because he had a optomistic stance on the 2a? Hell no! Would you order a sandwich with everything on it just because you liked the pickles? I can almost assure you that you would not. If you vote for a single fundamental in which you believe, be it guns, religion, schools, moral values, then you IMHO open a pandora's box that cannot be closed.

I'm in my early 20's and I would like to live in a stable america for the rest of my life. I'd like to raise kids here too. If you cast a vote based solely on one principle, then that is a stupid decision, and what you will end up doing is making the america our forefathers envisioned a pipe dream for future generations. And that is worse than being a liberal.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Holy Spell Checker Batman!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't we do this thread about two weeks ago?

I shall summon Cape_Hunter:  Vote for the candidate, not the party!  

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Maybe you need to -- because that is EXACTLY the right philosophy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Holy Spell Checker Batman!

Personally, I think the founding fathers would cry if they could see what a fucking joke the political scene in this country has become.....

I am looking foward to the election, because after it's over...No more damn automated frigging BS vote for this or that phone calls.....  Yay..
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hey pal, I've met you at one of our shoots and you seem like a good guy but I take
issue with your post.  Look at what the Democratic Party has done for Oregon.

Spending, spending and more spending(No on Measure 48)
 No on Measure 42(It's okay to tax your Federal Taxes)
 Higher fees across the board(Gotta help those poor people)
 1 Billion Dollars on the Oregon Health Plan while the rest of us pay for their own insurance, Thanks Kitzhaber
 Drivers licenses to illegal aliens
 Allowing illegal aliens to vote in our elections while they transfer the money they make to Mexicoo
 Cutting the number of State Police
 Prohibiting dogs & bait while hunting bears and cougars
 Scumbags begging for money at every highway overpass and intersection
 Ginny Burdick would love to throw all of us in jail

Any gun owner that votes Democratic is damn fool!

Spambo

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you need to -- because that is EXACTLY the right philosophy.

Damn, must have used the wrong bait.  No Cape.

C'mon dude, I know you're reading!   Weigh in!  

Philip:  That generally is my philosophy (with some caveats).  Others (like the OP) feel very strongly otherwise.  Namely, that casting a vote for a "can't-win" candidate is a bad thing.

But, aside from some fun (hope he's not too pissed ) poking at CH, I'll leave this topic alone.  As said before: this is the kind of discussion to have over a few beers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[...No more damn automated frigging BS vote for this or that phone calls.....  Yay..

My sister and I were joking about the campaign contribution measure; saying if the politicians didn’t have the money to spend, we wouldn’t have to watch all the commercials.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[...No more damn automated frigging BS vote for this or that phone calls.....  Yay..

My sister and I were joking about the campaign contribution measure; saying if the politicians didn’t have the money to spend, we wouldn’t have to watch all the commercials.  

That's an interesting thought....   I would imagine that it would cost significantly less to spend an afternoon canvassing a neighbourhood than it would for a 30 second spot during prime.

So, if they had less money we might actually see more of our wannabee-elected-officials.

Yeah, right.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Voted... my ballot ran red

I also did a canidate check prior to voting, and voted to who I thought deserved it most. It just happened to be a republican I agreed with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top