Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 7:34:08 AM EDT
Since fall is my favorite time of the year I usually try to get outdoors as often as I can, so I took Friday off and headed to the Gorge with my dog.  We hiked a little over 8 miles yesterday, and I must say that it was stunning.  I did not see anyone on the trails for almost two hours which made for the perfect hike.  

My picture - fu isnt that great.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Tracker,
looks like you had a good time being out and about, and nice captures btw..
If you DOG has a name then he be your friend....
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey Tracker,

If you DOG has a name then he be your friend....

My dogs name is Kaycey, but I usually call her bud or buddy!  Yup she be my best friend, and the only one happy to see me when I come home!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
where in the gorge is that trail?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice pics, I can't wait till my kids are all in school so I can go off and play and shoot and hike.

<
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice pics, I can't wait till my kids are all in school so I can go off and play and shoot and hike.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
where in the gorge is that trail?

I started at the Wahkeena Falls entrance which is .6 miles west of Multnomah Falls.  I hiked up the Wahkeena falls trail to the top past fairy falls, went over to Wahkeena springs, headed east till I ran into Multnomah Falls, came down Mult Falls to the lodge, and then humped the .6 mile back to the car at the Wahkeena entrance.  It was a  big loop, but I did take a few other detours.

I also like to hike from Horsetale falls to Triple falls and beyond.  I usually avoid Multnomah Falls because there are just too many people.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

<

Your time will come and unfortuneatly you will be older when that day arrives.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Breathtaking. Can you say anything else?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I think your picture fu is pretty good tracker!! Very nice pictures; looks like you had a very good day indeed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn Tracker!  Nice work.  Looks like you had some fun.  

Mark.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Up in the gorge and no invite to ruin your afternoon? I am hurt

Looks like you had a good time!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#12]
You know, I was thinking.  Your story is incomplete without telling us which gun you were packing.  I'm betting G19.

P.S.  I thing you need to get KayCey a haircut.  Shes starting to look like a hippey.  

Mark.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You know, I was thinking.  Your story is incomplete without telling us which gun you were packing.  I'm betting G19.

Mark.

Wouldnt that be an OD or Tan G19?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark.

I'm thinking that would be accurate.

Mark.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark.

Mark.

Yes I had my OD 19 on my side, NAA .32 in my back pocket, and the G-20 in my pack.  You just never know what tool you may need.

BTW Kaycey is not a hippy!  She is my attack dog.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark.

Mark.

Yes I had my OD 19 on my side, NAA .32 in my back pocket, and the G-20 in my pack.  You just never know what tool you may need.

BTW Kaycey is not a hippy!  She is my attack dog.

Yes, I see it now...  The long hair lulls her victom into a false sense of security...

I can you now...   "CHOPPER!  SICK BALLS!"  

Mark.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Well theses are from work the other day

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice pics, reminds me I gotta get back out  before there is too much snow on the ground.
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Cape, where do you work that you can aford to take this pics..

There nice shots
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

There nice shots

I am a hydro power technician. I was standing on the dam of Laurance Lake, which happens to be our resevoir. It used for both irrigation and hydro power generation. We have three power plants that generate about 5MW. Not very much when compared to Bonniville or the dalles damm, but enough to keep up selling power under contract for 15-20 years at a time. Call it long term job security!
CH
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There nice shots

I am a hydro power technician. I was standing on the dam of Laurance Lake, which happens to be our resevoir. It used for both irrigation and hydro power generation. We have three power plants that generate about 5MW. Not very much when compared to Bonniville or the dalles damm, but enough to keep up selling power under contract for 15-20 years at a time. Call it long term job security!
CH

Look!  I see Cape!

Hmmm...   maybe it's time to consider moving to Hood River....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There nice shots

CH

Look!  I see Cape!

Hmmm...   maybe it's time to consider moving to Hood River....

Winter pic of the lake. Pretty cool up there!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was hoping that was it.  If not, then you guys are either dumping detergent in there or brewing a massive vat of beer.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was hoping that was it.  If not, then you guys are either dumping detergent in there or brewing a massive vat of beer.

That was pre Tannerite day. You cant see the 3 holes blown in the ice

You can slide them out pretty far on that sheet of ice!!!
Makes a hell of a spout of water when it goes off to!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Sweet pictures cape!  

I am so jealous of you since your able to work outdoors with such an awsome view.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top