Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:17:54 AM EDT
Some of you have probably already seen this, but I know there are some who rarely spend time in the cesspit that is "general", so this is for your benefit:

Send a brick to DC

I am very tempted to invest ~$10 on this...

Oh, and the website is up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have to put the Brick in a box?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#3]
why not fly to D.C. and run up to the white house and throw it over the big black fence
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
why not fly to D.C. and run up to the white house and throw it over the big black fence

They shoot you for that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They shoot you for that.

I was looking for the video of the guy with an AK shooting at people by the fence in front of the white house a few years back, there were SS and capitol police on him in seconds
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I just sent a Dildo to DC.

It symbolizes them fucking us up the ass!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
fucking up the ass!

speaking of that you'll never guess what happened at work yesterday
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#8]
what happened at work?  Where you work?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

2605 state st salem
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fucking up the ass!

speaking of that you'll never guess what happened at work yesterday

You woke up in your cubical with a funny headache, weird taste in your mouth and your underwear around your ankles?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They shoot you for that.

I was looking for the video of the guy with an AK shooting at people by the fence in front of the white house a few years back, there were SS and capitol police on him in seconds

I used to live outside of DC.

You could, every once in a while, hear the Apache helicopter that patrols the Maryland side of the Captiol area.

I worked in Falls Church, and about once every other day, the Chevy Suburban Secret Service caravan 4 cars long would go racing down the side streets, lights flashing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2605 state st salem

If I can remember my Salem addresses that would be one of the loony bins wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just sent a Dildo to DC.

It symbolizes them fucking us up the ass!

I can only hope that it was not your favorite.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]

I can only hope that it was not your favorite

I could never get rid of Rambone...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If I can remember my Salem addresses that would be one of the loony bins wouldn't it?

nope
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#16]
It sounds like fun but I doubt it would do much good -- I doubt Wu would change party ideology over a piece of masonry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Wu might surprise you. He has voted against party lines more than once.
For a Democrat, he's actually not too bad (IMHO).

Anyway, its not just the bricks that land on his desk that matter. If enough people take this up the thousands of tons of bricks getting carried into DC will make a statement that will be difficult to miss.
This is one way that those of us who have real jobs and don't have the time to demonstrate in the streets can make a tangible statement.

Its also a lot less easy to ignore a million or so bricks than it is e-mails, faxes or even paper mail.
They say paper mail is better than a fax, which is better than e-mail -- so think what a brick counts for
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I got in my truck this afternoon, and the first thing that came on the radio was Lars Larson talking about sending bricks to Washington.  Made my day.  This thing is spreading fast!

ETA:  Just bought five bricks from Home Depot.  
One for Blumanauer (like he cares)
One for Wyden (He probably doesn't care either),
One for Smith (He'd better care).
One for Bush (Doubt it will get to him)
One probably to send to the RNC...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#19]
good stuff guys, you don't have to box them, you can just write the address on them with a sharpie.  
I think it would make quite the statement if they started getting enough bricks to build a house.

The USPS also sells flat rate shipping boxes, so you could fit 2-3 bricks in one box for $7-8...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't have any bricks, can I just send a can of Lard?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
good stuff guys, you don't have to box them, you can just write the address on them with a sharpie.  
I think it would make quite the statement if they started getting enough bricks to build a house.

The USPS also sells flat rate shipping boxes, so you could fit 2-3 bricks in one box for $7-8...

Not sure thats a good idea.  Postage won't adhere to a brick very well, what if the brick gets broken in half during "handling", probably best to use a flat rate envelope.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't have any bricks, can I just send a can of Lard?

So long as you attach a note explaining that its to help them when their constituents come to put their bricks where they belong if they don't start to earn their money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top