Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 3:30:51 PM EDT
Just wanted to say hello.  I'm in the Albany area, and I shoot at the albany rifle and pistol club when I have the chance.  I'm 30 years old with a couple of Ar15s, can't have just one right!  Guns and my 3month old son are my hobbies.  Cool to see other gun nuts in Oregon, I usually feel like I'm surrounded by Commies.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey are you busy tomorrow?  Come out to Practical Rifle, all you need is a semiauto rifle (AR-15, AK-47, FAL, M1A, or any appropriate combination of letters and numbers), a pistol, a knife, and $15.  Probably better bring about 200 rounds for the rifle, 50 for the pistol, and a few mags for each.

See the FAQ:  Practical Rifle FAQ

Welcome to the site!

(Prepare to spend money.  Hanging around this place will put you in the poor house.)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site.  And Promt is right, this site certainly fuels the black rifle adiction.

Pleased to meet you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sup Yo Moma
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome !!!

(BTW: you are surrounded by commies down there ...)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, it could be worse!  He could live in Eugene.  Don't they burn SUVs for fun down there?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Welcome to the site.  And Promt is right, this site certainly fuels the black rifle adiction.

Pleased to meet you.

Yes, yes it does. 2 years ago I purchased my first AR. By the end of this summer, I'll be up to 5.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm  I'm pretty sure that I could shoot 3 ARs at the same time if I used my toe but five?  Oh well it's good to have spares.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah Eugene would definitely be worse.  The problem with this site is everytime I long in I see something I need to throw on my AR!  I don't think I'm going to make PR, thanks for the invite though.  I'm thinking of getting into coyote hunting, what optic would you recommend for my 16" bushy A3,  I was thinking a 1-4 power, trijcon accupoint maybe?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hmm  I'm pretty sure that I could shoot 3 ARs at the same time if I used my toe but five?  Oh well it's good to have spares.

Think of them like golf clubs.  Each is designed for a different shot.  Now the crazy guys with 5 identical M-4's, those are the ones to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:02:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey, it could b worse!  He could live in Eugene.  Don't they burn SUVs for fun down there?

I'm an Albany expatriate in Eugene. It's definitely worse here. Can't get the petuly oil smell out of my clothes...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to the board.

If you feel like you’re surrounded by commies in Albany, you’re in trouble, it only gets worse from there.

Also a member of the ARPC, gonna get to run my first Speed Steel match next Saturday, you should come check that out too.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah Albany isn't that bad for commies, tweakers maybe.  I grew up in Corvallis went to OSU, that's really the liberal bias I'm talking about.  Could be UofO though  guess I was lucky.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#13]

howdy

welcome to the site. I'm in Eugene it isn't that bad I'd say Ptown is more anti.

got a gun and knife show here this weekend
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome!

I'm in Lebanon, but formerly of Albany.

Albany (and Linn County) is quite a bit better than the People's Republic of the Portland Metro Area.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome!

I'm 20 and currently go to OSU, and have been a member of the ARPC for 2 years. I own a variety of evil rifles myself.

The ARPC locals need to organize a range trip. I think it'd be fun. There are quite a few of us here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Sup Jo.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top