Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 5:34:32 PM EDT
I started wondering about this as I am getting closer to buying a 223 and/or a 308 can for my AR's and Varmint rifle's and one of the uses for any can will be shooting sage rats.

As per the ODFW and the nice Lt. I spoke with at OSP it is not against the law in Oregon to hunt anything with a suppressed weapon. I learn something new everday and this is one more thing about this state that I like.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup totally legal. just no fullauto, no FMJ, and no mags >5 rnds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So if you go hunting squeaks then you can't use a 10 round 10/22 mag? or even a 25 bannana mag?

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if you go hunting squeaks then you can't use a 10 round 10/22 mag? or even a 25 bannana mag?

If by squeeks, you mean squirrels, then:

Kinda tricky actually.  The rules state mag limits under centerfire rifle rules.  .22LR appears unaddressed.  It also says the mag limit does not apply to Western Gray Squirrels (Which are listed as game mammals and have a season, bag limit, etc...).  There are a bunch of squirrels on the protected list too, and since I am not a squirrel expert, I would not be shooting any of them.

My recommendation:  Don't shoot squirrels.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.. I was thinking about hunting with my Saiga. but in it's "sporting rifle" configuration the magazine is 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]
This has me thinking that I need to read up some rules again. I thought that hunting varmits (rabbits, coyotes, sage rats, etc) had different rules. I know that hunting big game has a limit of 5 rounds. Now I need to check.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
As defined on page 11 of the 2005 Big Game Regulations Predatory Animals are coyotes, rabbits, rodents, and feral swine which are or may be destructive to agricultural crops. Therefore these animals have no closed season, bag limit or weapons restriction.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
As defined on page 11 of the 2005 Big Game Regulations Predatory Animals are coyotes, rabbits, rodents, and feral swine which are or may be destructive to agricultural crops. Therefore these animals have no closed season, bag limit or weapons restriction.

Great! Dibbs on No Hair's Norrel 10/22!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#8]
.22lr is fun & cheep, but this one is MORE FUN'er

G O D, I need to stay off this forum!

Pat
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

www.pcarms.com/SD_Projects/HK51SD/51-beltbox-Pat.jpg

Pat

You should not use your own product.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.pcarms.com/SD_Projects/HK51SD/51-beltbox-Pat.jpg
Pat

You should not use your own product.

HEHEHE  I am NOT, it's NO-HAIR's!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I hope the squirrels down here in klamath falls arn't protected cause I'd be sent up for war crimes if they are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top