Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:26:14 AM EDT
In the salem portland area??
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a maybe.  I need to zero new iron sights on my BAR10, and check zero on my AK.  TCGC, Sat is most likely.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]

On Saturday Westside and I are going to shoot my new reloads in cowboys guns at Tricounty

We need a cowboy icon
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Sunday - at the TCGC tactical match. The "theme" for Sunday's match is single stack 1911 (or Browning Hi-power) and pump action shotgun. 10 round mag capacity limit on pistols. If you don't have one of the above mentioned arms your are still welcome to participate, but the word from the match director is that you will be required to do something silly on each stage (which will also have a negative effect your score!). Show up and find out how serious he is.

ac
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I got invited to help out at TC Saturday, apparantly there is gonna be some big show for Marine recruits involving 3-gun type stuff.....pistol stages, PR-style rifle stage, and shotty stuff. I was flattered to say the least! Should be neat! Maybe I'll see some of you guys out there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sunday - at the TCGC tactical match. The "theme" for Sunday's match is single stack 1911 (or Browning Hi-power) and pump action shotgun. 10 round mag capacity limit on pistols. If you don't have one of the above mentioned arms your are still welcome to participate, but the word from the match director is that you will be required to do something silly on each stage (which will also have a negative effect your score!). Show up and find out how serious he is.

ac

What time?? And what gear is needed? Rounds etc??
Ill be up with family in Portland and Salem for a few days starting on sat.. So I might just check it out..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ac

Ill be up with family in Portland and Salem for a few days starting on sat.. So I might just check it out..

Sunday afternoon @ 1300 is when a bunch of us are meeting ot demo supressors at the Dundee rifle club.

Just a heads up.
CH
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to know more about these tactical matches too. Somebody write a FAQ, how to, or at least a brief description.

Are they pistol carbine or just pistol and shotgun?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be out a Tri-County this weeking helping out Grier I. and Ron F. with some Practical Rifle
training for Marine recruits.  I don't now much about it other than it starts at 8AM in the
Pistol Pits.  From what I gather, some of us are going to furnish the AR's, run the stages
and Ron F. is supplying the ammunition.

Oh Yeah, I'll be checking out the Suppressor Demo too.

Shootin on Saturday, Shootin on Sunday, now that's a weekend.

Spambo
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I want to know more about these tactical matches too. Somebody write a FAQ, how to, or at least a brief description.

Are they pistol carbine or just pistol and shotgun?

Now I havn't participated in any of the Tactical Matches but there are alot of the
PR guys there.  I believe you need pistol, carbine, & shotgun.  The carbine is a pistol caliber type,
definitely not a .223.  Anyway, I believe the format is similar to Pratical Rifle and not rigid like IPSC.

My $0.02 worth,

Spambo
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ac

Start time is 10am. TCGC "action range" orientation class is required for liability reasons (held the same day as PR match, run by Fred Foster). Bring your sticker (proof of completion of orientation class), shotgun, 75 game loads (you'l probably only use 50), 10 slugs (you'll probably only use 5), and 175 pistol rounds (probably only use 125). This Sunday has NO pistol caliber carbine stages (there normally are a couple).

ac
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Some people from work are a head'n to Brown's camp on sunday, early afternoon
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I got to RO a stage for a gaggle of Marine recruits today....I think there was around 80....they learned that shotguns are NOT the same as in Counter Strike...

It was a good time today, the short decription.....bunch of recruits come down to be introduced to firearms and safe handling practices. We had 6 Shotgun stages to shoot through, an orientation on AR's with a PR-like "demo", then they ran down to the quarry and got to shoot an AR at flash targets set at I believe was 100 yards.

I was flattered that I was invited, hopefully I did my part. It was fun to be able to teach these kids, as some of them had never handled a firearm before.......they all left with shit-eating grins though..

P.S. for Spambo.......

you shoulda stayed longer....we divied up the leftover ammo...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I was 6ft from you today Boo......and you never even saw me.........I am the Mall Ninja!

Proof I did this..........YELLOW SHOTGUNS???
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was 6ft from you today Boo......and you never even saw me.........I am the Mall Ninja!

Dude he ignored you by choice.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Hah!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yup....yellow....apparantly they were ex-popo bean bag guns.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#17]
"Any one shooting this weekend?"
Some dude in washington didn"t want to wate for the weekend.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=449139
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top