Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:16:49 PM EDT
I am trying to figure out weather or not i want to sell my WASR and put the money tword an AR... I priced up everything and i could build a "M4" For around 670 or so from one of the websites here.. i can posiably get that for all of my AK gear and such (11 mags, Kobra, Misc stuff and rifle)..

So i was wondering if i might be able to get some serious time in on an AR hopefully just a KISS one with dead on irons.. as that is what i would end up geting *flat top with carry handle*

so whadda all think?
Jess

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
oh yeah....  coming to the dark side.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You cant go wrong with an AR.  You will be happier with the AR platform.  I'm almost positive of that.

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
you can build you own for $100 less then that
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yup, just did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I've done the same thing. I much prefer the AR platform. I hate the gas comeing back in your face when suppressed, but that can be fixed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So i was wondering if i might be able to get some serious time in on an AR hopefully just a KISS one with dead on irons.. as that is what i would end up geting *flat top with carry handle*

so whadda all think?
Jess

How much time are you considering?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#7]
i'm building a new AR Next Month. it's a Top Secret AR. no one will know and everyont will want to shoot it.. Muhahahahaha. and no plastic.. Just Titanium. Muhahhahaha..
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i'm building a new AR Next Month. it's a Top Secret AR. no one will know and everyont will want to shoot it.. Muhahahahaha. and no plastic.. Just Titanium. Muhahhahaha..

Will it have that cheesy airsoft stock on it?    
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

suuuuurrrrreeeee.......
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Also forgot to add it will have a Picatinny mounted Mark Larue Armadillo bottle openner.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, just did.

Well yes i can without the carry handle.. i really would want a flat top... heres what i had picked out...

RKT100
16" M4 Rifle Kit
Barrel : Willson Arms 16" M4 Barrel 1X9
Bolt & Carrier : Standard Bolt & Carrier
Buttstocks : Ace ARFX Buttstock
Charging Handle : Standard Charging Handle
Detachable Carrying Handle : Detachable Carring Handle (FLAT-TOPS ONLY)
Flash Hiders : Phantom 5C2 Flash Hider
Gas Blocks : Standard A2 Front Sight
Gas Tubes : CAR Gas Tube
Grips : Ergo Grip - Right
Handguards : CAR Handguard with Heat Shields-Black
Lower Parts : Standard Lower Parts Kit
Upper : Flat-Top Upper With T Marks

with that kit its siting at around 607 the Ergo Grip, 5C2, and Ace stock adds $67 on that *if i where to replace them with standard stuff* and then the lower would be right around 100-110 for eather a stag or DPMS *would prefear a Mega but it doesnt look like i'll be able to get one any time soon*

So considering the small price jump to have a nice grip stock and a Comp i would go that route..

Jess
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
You can use mine next PR to get a feel for it. Just supply the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Global Tactical sells stag lowers without the stupid deer for $104
http://globaltactical.com/axami/shop.php?grd=292

I would forget the carryhandle and get a flip-up rear sight that tucks down low for when you get a detachable scope and mount. Also forget the Ace stock and get an M4 (adjustable) stock. Ergo what? The standard pistol grip is fine.

Also get a CMT lower parts kit and bolt/carrier group to avoid major problems down the line.

ETA: Forget that Wilson barrel too. By the time you add chrome you are within the price range of a quality barrel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Also forgot to add it will have a Picatinny mounted Mark Larue Armadillo bottle openner.

with all the AR shit you were getting for free on Sat. night, I'm sure you about have a complete rifle ready to put together
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

with all the AR shit you were getting for free on Sat. night, I'm sure you about have a complete rifle ready to put together

SHHHHH.. John Was drunk.. He might realize he gave me all the Bushmaster stuff for free!! and Kill me!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey thanks for the link Tango. I really dont feel i need a adjustable stock.. and i really aucually have an adverson to the whole 'M4' stock *its WAY overplayed and is on WAY too many firearms* i figured i would eather get the Ace stock or just leave it as an A2 stock.

i'll check out the rest of the info you gave me.

Jess
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to think the M4 stock was cheap. Then I got a defective Magpul and had to wait months for a replacement even though I was originally first in line, all because WS started a shitstorm about it on the AR forums (thank you so much) and then everyone from the groupbuy (most of which were defective) overwhelmed Magpul and they actually forgot about me, the original person to notify them and send it in for a look.

Anyway, I put on a M4 stock from the parts bin and after a few times shooting with it I was extremely impressed and decided to leave it on. When I finally got the Magpul M93B replacement it stayed in the box until a couple of weeks ago when I built a lower for my old Hbar upper which you saw last Saturday at PR.

So I think highly of the plain jane  M4 stock. The only weakness is the metal buffertube gets cold in the winter so it’s not a nice place to put your face. The adjustable stock can also come in handy if you wear a heavy coat in the winter and actually helped get Glocklady shooting rifles again. She had just about given up shooting rifles because her husband’s deer rifle was impossible for her. A neck injury prevents her from being able to get in the proper head position using a normal length stock. When she told me this I handed her my M4 stocked AR. She adjusted it way down and then proceeded to shoot up all my ammo.  Her husband thinks that M4 stocked AR is freakishly accurate because he couldn’t miss with it either. He only got to shoot a few rounds though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#18]
You should really think about the tele-stock idea if you plan on putting an optic with limited eye relief.  when prone its difficult to run your head close to the scope with a regular length stock.  At least this is what I have found.

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SHHHHH.. John Was drunk.. He might realize he gave me all the Bushmaster stuff for free!! and Kill me!

Hey, I was in a good mood after placing in the Top Ten at PR!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top