Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 5:32:41 PM EDT
Checking in....Been lurking for a while, Im a member at battlerifles(amback).  I recently bought a house near Mcminville, settling down now.  Im more of a parkerizing and wood guy, however I just bought a lower from Cloud Moutain Armory in Newburg, building my first AR.  I carried an A2 when I wore a monkey suit from 96 to 01.  Not much else to say, other than Hello.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
 WELCOME!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the community.

Great group of local shooters here so stick around, post often and try and make one of the shoots.

Also check out the Practical Rifle and Speed Steel threads tacked at hte top of this forum. Great ways to get trigger time and make new frinds on the range.

Cape_hunter
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome Rocket_Jockey.

You will need to post pictures of your first build when it is completed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Checking in....Been lurking for a while, Im a member at battlerifles(amback). I recently bought a house near Mcminville, settling down now. Im more of a parkerizing and wood guy, however I just bought a lower from Cloud Moutain Armory in Newburg, building my first AR. I carried an A2 when I wore a monkey suit from 96 to 01. Not much else to say, other than Hello.

How did you like the service at Cloud Mtn? Did they move or are they still on the main drag in Newberg? I had a buddy that carried a prototype .50 cal AE AR from them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How did you like the service at Cloud Mtn? Did they move or are they still on the main drag in Newberg? I had a buddy that carried a prototype .50 cal AE AR from them.

Dont know about RJ, but they have attended our shoots and let the members here burn up mags thru the .502. Its a handful when switched to full tilt boggy! Good people.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Howdy Rocket_Jocket
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome we are alway happy to see new members
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
MLRS?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome Rocket_Jockey. You may only be at one black rifle here soon but before long one becomes four then 6 then 10 and so on and so on. You will have the disease soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
All Right!!!

Fresh Meat!

Seriously............. welcome!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
MLRS?

From one fellow newbie to another, welcome aboard! Also, had the same question as "ian187", were you an MLRS guy? We had 127mm, 406mm guns, Harpoon and Tomahawk cruise missiles but no rockets, have read they weren't adaptable to a moving platform due to instability issues?
Have always been impressed with the WWII videos showing rockets launched from assault ships at Iwo Jima, Okinawa and pittied those on the receiving end!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes , I was a Multiple Launch Rocket Systems Crewmember, 644 peices of DPICM in a telephone pole flying at mach 2, impact area was the size of a football field, one launcher with 12 rounds could neutralize a grid square (1000 meters square).

Im definately down for the speed steel or practical rifle, I think it would be fun using my WW2 m1 garand for pratical though.

The service at Cloud Mt was great, the ladies were very helpful.  They wouldnt tell me who made their lowers though, I think there Oly? I may never know.  Yes they are still on the main drag in Newburg.  Force Ten Firearms I think.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yes , I was a Multiple Launch Rocket Systems Crewmember, 644 peices of DPICM in a telephone pole flying at mach 2, impact area was the size of a football field, one launcher with 12 rounds could neutralize a grid square (1000 meters square).

Im definately down for the speed steel or practical rifle, I think it would be fun using my WW2 m1 garand for pratical though.

The service at Cloud Mt was great, the ladies were very helpful.  They wouldnt tell me who made their lowers though, I think there Oly? I may never know.  Yes they are still on the main drag in Newburg.  Force Ten Firearms I think.

The garand would be pretty cool.  Yer gonna need a ton of clips though.  Well, maybe 5-10 depending on how well you shoot.  Also need a pistol for part of the match.  I recommend a matching 1911.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The garand would be pretty cool.  Yer gonna need a ton of clips though.  Well, maybe 5-10 depending on how well you shoot.  Also need a pistol for part of the match.  I recommend a matching 1911.  

SOunds great!
We do have a classic battle rifle match once a year were everyone breaks out the wood!

But I doubt anyone would complain if you showed with a garand!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Get working on that build! I tend to feel a bit lonely being the only one with a Cloud Mountain lower
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Get working on that build! I tend to feel a bit lonely being the only one with a Cloud Mountain lower

I saw a couple CM lowers at the last shoot, and I built my lower out this weekend so you aren't
alone!

EDIT:  Almost forgot.   Welcome rocket_jockey!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Welcome to the forum.

Were you at Battlerifles before it went to amback... the good old days?

I apologize, the M14 is my fav and Battlerifles was great.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome and that would be cool to see a Garand and hear that "PINGGGGGG!".. Should show up in green gear with the belt pouchs.. That might make some of the older Gents flashback but hey.. it would be cool none the less.

I'm Gunkata.. the resident "weird stuff" guy
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to the shallow end of the pool.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

1/14th FA

I don't miss OK.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#26]
There is one diehard M1 Garand shooter at Practical Rifle. I haven't been in the same squad as him in quite a while, but I learned a lot from watching him. I shoot my old M1 Garand at the August Classic BattleRifle match. I'd shoot it more but I don't have much ammo for it and good .30-06 is hard to find.

Last August a few WWII re-enactors showed up in full period uniforms and there was a  BAR, Thompson, Johnson rifle and a few other rare pieces of history. I would not mind having WWII matches on a regular basis.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top