Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 12:28:38 PM EDT
Who's going.. I'm going again.. much fun.. Loading shotty is fun.. So much fun i lose track of time reloading my 5+1. Who's With ME!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there some more info somewhere?

What exactly is a Shotgun Match?  

hippie.gif
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Who can yell "Yeee Haw!" the most times while firing uncontrolably in the air.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is there some more info somewhere?

What exactly is a Shotgun Match?  

it's the same as Practicle Rifle but with Shot guns.. usually bring about 100 rounds of Game load and some Buck shot.. Fast moving shotgun match with Targets that will trigger other targets to either move or launch clay pigeons and you have to shoot them too.. usually they setup like 5-12 targets per stage.. It's fun..

Please if someone has the official info on what to bring this time can you please post?.. uhem.. GACKMAN!! YOU GOT INFO???!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I might show up for this. I suck at reloading shotguns but I have ammo sitting around that needs to be burned up.

What do y'all use for "ammo holsters".
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I might show up for this. I suck at reloading shotguns but I have ammo sitting around that needs to be burned up.

I use this super tactical shot shell jacket pocket holder made by Old Navy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My speed loader is the "tacticool" BDU Cargo pocket.  Weak side.  Great for dropping rounds everywhere you dont want them.

Mark.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Well what i used was my trench coat pockets.. i could fit a whole box+ of shells in it.. but a belt based bag would work well..

you will see all kinds of differnt shell holders.. but the bag/pocket is my personal favorite..

I dont think i'm goina be able to make this one.. just plan cant afford it

good luck and have fun

Jess
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds really cool...

would GC Target Loads work?  $15 fee?  Would really like to check this out, but kinda broke atm and would have to go with what ammo I have around the house.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
$15 fee, $15 Shotshells $5 00 buck *wallyworld prices*
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Problem is, I just had to replace the fuel pump on my wife's truck so the $15 fee is already cutting into my lunch money...  hinking.gif

Now if I could do it with the ammo I have on hand that might be a different story (got at least a case of Light Target Loads and I think maybe 8 rounds of buckshot).

Would really appreciate if someone would post what the actual ammo requirements for this are.  I have always been kinda interested in the PR thing anyways, this shotgun match sounds like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Ammo requirements (as posted at TCGC) are:

"10 buck and 61 game loads" (or something to that effect). Bring more unless you can shoot the stages perfectly.

9am start time
$15 entry fee
to save $10, show up at 7:30am and help set up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ammo requirements (as posted at TCGC) are:

"10 buck and 61 game loads" (or something to that effect). Bring more unless you can shoot the stages perfectly.

9am start time
$15 entry fee
to save $10, show up at 7:30am and help set up.

I looked at the TCGC webpage like three times, couldnt find any info on there...

Anyways, the setup thing sounds like it might work ($5 shouldnt cut to deep into my pocketbook).

I've never done any of these matches before, and I think I've read on here that you need a sponsor if it's you're first time.  Anyone here willing to hold my hand sponsor a noob?

hippie.gif
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Slaxxor,

Sorry for the misunderstanding - it wasn't posted on the TCGC website (no wonder you weren't able to find the info); it was posted on the corkboard inside the TCGC action range club house. Although there isn't any pistol presentation (it's an all shotgun match), there is movement and it is an IPSC match. I'm not sure if participants need to be 'IPSC certified' for this match, but it is likely. You can call Gary (match director) at 503-702-6572 for clarification (don't expect him to know about ARF.com). If you get clarification from Gary please post it here. If I have time tomorrow, and it hasn't been posted, I'll make the call myself (and post the info).

ac
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Ah ok..

I'll have to call tomorrow.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#15]
 Dang I had a blast at the last one. But I'll out of town this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Well it looks like i'll be able to hit it.. i got my UI check finnally came in.. Rose's??

Hell if anything i might go ahead and say screw it and show up early.. felt kinda bad about the last time..

Jess
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Can non TRGC members play?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#18]
crap.. looks like i'm not going.. due to other things that needs to be done this weekend. However I will be going to speed steel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#19]
ahh you just can't stand the recoil from a 12ga....

I'll probably go ahead and show up at 7:30 and help setup.. i basicly look at like i'm making $10 for an hours work so eh..

just picked up the ammo.. FYI WallyWorld has 15rds of Win. 00buck for a whoping 6.50.. not quite as cheap as winchester ranger at outdoor marksman but still a pretty good deal for blasting buck...

Ranoga *i think thats his screen name* will be there too..

Jess
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#20]
new update.. I beleive i may be able to make it
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Dude.. get some Remington 3 inch 1oz "Slugger" ammo for that Norinco.  I just put a few through mine today.. LMFAO!  Can you say huge boom and fire?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Jess

Rancoa!

I cant make it  BUT proilbly cuz I built MY first AR!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:34:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude.. get some Remington 3 inch 1oz "Slugger" ammo for that Norinco.  I just put a few through mine today.. LMFAO!  Can you say huge boom and fire?

Been there done that. I have a video of the flame from the barrel.. Looks like a Flaming Wild cat.. it's cool.

Edit to add:.. WHO NEEDS A 50 BMG after shooting that sucker. I wish my shotty had a muzzel break for the sluggs..
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jess

Rancoa!

I cant make it  BUT proilbly cuz I built MY first AR!!

I heard.. WS4lif told me about it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been there done that. I have a video of the flame from the barrel.. Looks like a Flaming Wild cat.. it's cool.

Edit to add:.. WHO NEEDS A 50 BMG after shooting that sucker. I wish my shotty had a muzzel break for the sluggs..

HAH!!! Go for it!  Make a muzzle brake, pistol grip, bi-pod, and a scope on the shotty.

Edit: Photoshop.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

HAH!!! Go for it!  Make a muzzle brake, pistol grip, bi-pod, and a scope on the shotty.

Edit: Photoshop.
x10.putfile.com/3/6214161553.jpg

Is that real?.. OMG.. where can i get that kit?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Hehe.  I just threw that together in photoshop..

I almost want to do that now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top