Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:27:47 AM EDT
Saw this, figured it was worth passing along.    I guess I'll keep the P22 for awhile till a buckmark comes along.  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=14&t=27038
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yah I saw that thread as well. I count on my sigs for my life since I carry them. But Sig just does not seem to be making it to all the bases lately.

I bought the Tactical, and some of the things it was lacking really soured my High opinion of Sig. I had to buy a thread protector, I added a solid SS guide rod, AND I will have to add higher sights to see over any can I buy. Plus it only came with 15 rounds, Hell it's a Tactical it should have come with 3 20's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Sig is getting high on their sucesses.   I hear of alot of problems with the P220R and the GSR as well.   I knew I'd pass on the Mosquito when I saw that it had a zinc slide.   For the money they get they could use a stamped steel slide.    I wonder if anyone makes .22 conversions for the P220?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
And you should see the 556....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember the basic problem here -- US guns are designed/built in the US ('cos the US is "special", can't use the same crap as the rest of the world).

The end result is the same garbage that other US gun makers churn out and a (US) company with only one eye -- and that eye is firmly fixed on the bottom line, not quality, not functionality, not customer satisfaction -- why should they care about that? its not as though you can order a REAL SIG from Europe.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Just how did you get a shot show pass anyhow
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Remember the basic problem here -- US guns are designed/built in the US ('cos the US is "special", can't use the same crap as the rest of the world).

The end result is the same garbage that other US gun makers churn out and a (US) company with only one eye -- and that eye is firmly fixed on the bottom line, not quality, not functionality, not customer satisfaction -- why should they care about that? its not as though you can order a REAL SIG from Europe.

That's why I depend on an Italian designed and manufactured weapon from a company that's been in business longer than we've been a country.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, SIG produce some fine guns ... its just that the suits running SIG-US think they can make fatter profits by producing bastardised versions here in the US. They are not satisfied to be a distributor.

Its rather like BBC America, which is nothing like the BBC or even BBC World that the rest of the world gets -- the US "distributor" wants to make more money and so buys the cheapest crap that they can and dumps it out under the "BBC America" label. A large proportion of what they show is not even produced by the BBC (it is UK produced, has those funny accents, and they forbid any access to BBC World, so no-one knows any better).
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just how did you get a shot show pass anyhow

\

Don't worry.  He only had a yellow "Visitor" badge...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top