Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 9:08:31 AM EDT
Does anyone know how many tables they have?  Do they charge for parking at this one?  Do they have a halfway decent product variety or is it just more Jerky and Airsoft?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
When I lived up there it used to be a good one. I have a buddy that still lives up there and he said they now charge the same for parking as they do at the expo center and admission is almost as much. The show itself is beginning to rival the Portland show.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The show itself is beginning to rival the Portland show.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Where in Vancouver is this at?  Any website I could get times and directions from?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The show is at the Clark County Fairgrounds. I-5 north to the 179th street exit. Make a left off the exit and follow the signs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Printed and tacked to the door

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a good show, not sure how many tables they got but it's pretty decently sized.  I'd say its about 3/4 the size of Expo(so basically just remove Keith's and you got our show). Outdoor Marksman is there as always. I'd say the hippy shit is kept to a minimum, lots of good stuff there last time.

Before they put the new show room thingy in, parking was cheap.. now its like $6. Admission is cheaper than Expo though, $5 a pop last time I was there.

If you are in the Portland Metro area, I say its worth going to if you like to walk gunshows.

I'll be there at around 9am tomorow  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#8]
 Just got home. Parking is $6 admission $6

Black guns there were a joke. Ammo was available. Lots of bolt guns and shotguns there. Some of them were good deals.

I noticed that the number of tables were down and the vender's that I asked said there was like 20 fewer tables this time around.

But, just like PDX. way to much Air soft & other junk.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#9]
This show doesn't come close to being a rival to the Portland show even though the same outfit is running it IMHO. While they could have a really good avenue for a great show here the powers to be don't seem to want to promote this one anywhere near what they do for the Portland show. They have lost several vendors from poor show attendance and poor promotion. Its gonna look like the Longview show before long and that isn't a good thing...

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I was afraid of prices for parking plus admission gouging.  That's to damn much for what it is and it didn't  use to be like that.   If the show had improved it might be worth more but the new morons running it have really been trying to commit gunshow suicide with their policies.  I never missed a show for well over a decade and now I might make it once annually.  Its two bad.  Last year I built two AR's from the ground up; bought $4600 rounds of ammo; one pistol and about $1500 in accessories and parts almost all of it was through internet dealers.  Outdoor Marksman got his share (and I drove to their warehouse in Salem to get it,  so did 44mag.com and Savvy Survivor.   This year I am going to go to the Reno show but I am writing the PDX show off.

Rant off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#11]
ACTUALLY, PARKING WAS $5 AND ADMISSION WAS $6.....I'D ESTIMATE THE SIZE AT ABOUT HALF THE LAST EXPO SHOW, RATHER THAN 3/4...STILL RIGHT ABOUT THE AIRSOFT/KNIFE/KRAPOLA BOOTHS, BUT IT WAS WELL WORTHWHILE TO ME, A LOT OF THE VENDORS ARE THE SAME GUYS THAT MAKE THE ONCE-A-MONTH BARBERTON GRANGE SHOWS....(WHICH IS ONLY $2 ADMISSION AND >FREE< PARKING)I DID OK, WALKED AWAY WITH A NICE 1873 SPRINGFIELD TRAPDOOR AND A DIRT CHEAP BOLO MAUSER............
I DO WISH IT WAS PROMOTED A BIT BETTER,  IT'S NO PULYALLUP, BUT BEATS LONGVIEW, CANBY, AND HILLSBURITO.....
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ACTUALLY, PARKING WAS $5 AND ADMISSION WAS $6.....I'D ESTIMATE THE SIZE AT ABOUT HALF THE LAST EXPO SHOW, RATHER THAN 3/4...STILL RIGHT ABOUT THE AIRSOFT/KNIFE/KRAPOLA BOOTHS, BUT IT WAS WELL WORTHWHILE TO ME, A LOT OF THE VENDORS ARE THE SAME GUYS THAT MAKE THE ONCE-A-MONTH BARBERTON GRANGE SHOWS....(WHICH IS ONLY $2 ADMISSION AND >FREE< PARKING)I DID OK, WALKED AWAY WITH A NICE 1873 SPRINGFIELD TRAPDOOR AND A DIRT CHEAP BOLO MAUSER............
I DO WISH IT WAS PROMOTED A BIT BETTER,  IT'S NO PULYALLUP, BUT BEATS LONGVIEW, CANBY, AND HILLSBURITO.....
--CARLOS

Yes you were right about parking. Must have hit the wrong key.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top