Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 1:51:15 PM EDT
Albany Speed Steel on Saturday

9AM Albany Rifle and Pistol Club

It’ll be cold, but we’ll be there. Everybody is welcome.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the invite!  

Mark.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Weather

19 degrees?  Perfect!!  See you there.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the invite!  

Mark.

You’re welcome

Yes, 19 degrees = freakin a cold…

I swiped my old mans propane heater out of his shop, it’ll help a little.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
K.. got my bag packed.

First time out with something bigger than a .22, so I brought 500 rounds of .40 for all the misses I'll be having...

I suspect I'll have more misses the colder I get

Gonna be tough to draw from a holster with a jacket on..

Cya there Chris..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It was cold at first, but turned into a real nice day; even got a bit a bit sun burned with the little raccoon eyes from my glasses.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
k if you were on the firing line long enough to get sun burnt, then that's just pathetic man

Got the results yet? I'm curious to know how bad I did this time around.. Figure there were about 15 people there.. doubt I got top 10.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
You got onto the top-ten… we all did.

I got sunburned because I was ROing…

No scores yet. YOUR squad didn’t write down the course of fire on your score sheets, just a number. Paul hasn’t had a chance to decipher all that yet, he’s got to talk to Doug to get it figured out. What did you think of Doug? Fast?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You got onto the top-ten… we all did.

I got sunburned because I was ROing…

No scores yet. YOUR squad didn’t write down the course of fire on your score sheets, just a number. Paul hasn’t had a chance to decipher all that yet, he’s got to talk to Doug to get it figured out. What did you think of Doug? Fast?

Figured you were ROing.. was just giving you a hard time

Doug was fast.. was very impressive. I hated it because I would always end up shooting like directly after him. He put me to shame.

Doug said we didn't need to write down the title of the stage, just the number .. so you can blame him

Wish there was a permanent steel setup in one of the pistol bays where one could practice this stuff. I know they added the stuff at the main range, but you can't draw from a holster.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
The steel for the matches belongs to the club and they are very adamant that it is to be used for matches only. Even people like Paul (who is the match director) and Doug aren’t to be using the steel for practice, fun shooting or anything else aside from a club sanctioned match, kinda sucks, but that’s just the way it is.

We are allowed to bring our own steel out though. First ya gota make it, then you gotta store it somewhere. When you want to shoot it you gotta pack it up and haul it out t the range. It’s a PIA, but I’d like to have my own too. Aside from that I just collect tin cans to shoot at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top