Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 2:26:35 PM EDT
I heard you did some extreme testing of a TAC-16 suppressor.  

Did you do a write up and make any videos?  I just ordered a can and am looking for more info about it.

Thanks,
Fargo

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this page.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave a heads up to Fargo to post in here. I was suggesting that he inquire about the mag dumps that went through Pat's Tac-16 at the Fall ARF shoot at Browns camp. I wasn't close to the action and just had heard about the torture test.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I can say this... at one point that can was glowing!!!

I bet it got 1200+ thru it that afternoon. IN a few hours mind you.
CH
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I have allready read that monster.  30 pages!

I was hoping for more info..

Glowing?  WOW!  Did it cause any significant damage?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I asked Pat and he said that the first few baffles opened up a bit. This is pretty normal with FA stuff. If you ever get a chance to look at the muzzle brake on a FA you will see the same thing. They just start to open up a little.

CH
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I asked Pat and he said that the first few baffles opened up a bit. This is pretty normal with FA stuff. If you ever get a chance to look at the muzzle brake on a FA you will see the same thing. They just start to open up a little.

CH

Pat said he may have had some baffle strikes, and then blamed my wolf ammo.

I personally put 4-500 rounds through it, and that M4 was WARM and the can was GLOWING. But is was not as bad as the Surefire can demo, if you have seen that. I would strongely recommend this can to anyone based on that day alone. Plus because you screw it on like a FH it is suppose to be even quiteter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top