Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:00:58 PM EDT
Does anyone know of any Utah certified instructors in or around SOUTHERN Oregon?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
there was a guy in...  I want to say Roseburg.

Let me ask around.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Not really Southern Oregon, but Oregon Firearms academy recently got added to approved instructors list for Utah.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry man - not in SO.  

There is one in Clackamas on Feb 25th and the instrcutor will travel to teach the class if there are a bunch of students.

I can put you in touch if you want.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sorry man - not in SO.  

There is one in Clackamas on Feb 25th and the instrcutor will travel to teach the class if there are a bunch of students.

I can put you in touch if you want.

Gackman,
Do you have any more info that you could provide on the Feb. 25th class? I might be interested in attending if there is any space left.

Thanks!
Dave
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]
IM Sent
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, if you guys want to take the Utah CCW class I could probably set it up with the instructor to do an AR15.com group class.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not really Southern Oregon, but Oregon Firearms academy recently got added to approved instructors list for Utah.

Was trying to avoid driving that far up but thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BTW, if you guys want to take the Utah CCW class I could probably set it up with the instructor to do an AR15.com group class.

Someone here did this a while back and at the time, I couldn't afford the time.  Seemed like it was over a weekend (2 days, each day a bunch of hours).  Were this to happen again, it would be better to get it done sooner before the spring/summer months start getting filled with plans.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm interestd in an AR15 group class.  Any more info on cost and time required?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IM Sent

Thank you sir!
Dave

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm interestd in an AR15 group class.  Any more info on cost and time required?

The instrcutor I know charges $60 and it is a full day.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I am the instructor of the class on Feb. 25. I'd be glad to organize a class for AR15.com members or travel to southern Oregon as long as the number of students covers trip expenses and such.

I normally charge $60 for my class. However, the state of Utah says that I can waive the firearm safety portion of my class to those students that can give me proof of previous training. However, they say they only take a certificate from NRA Basic Pistol and FIRST Steps Pistol classes. And, the NRA Personal Protection in the home should work also. They are reviewing whether or not a DD214 will work also but the people I've talked to indicate that it probably won't be sufficient for much longer. In any event, for those students that have their certificates from the above, the class is $40.

I know that some students have had training that exceeds the level of safety training taught in the NRA classes. Unfortunately, the state of Utah recently sent a letter that was clear on what certifications were acceptable to them. I don't have the letter in front of me as I write this so there may be one or two more acceptable classes, but I assume the restriction has something to do with nationally recognized standards and all that. Failure to comply with their requirements would result in the instructor's decertification and possibly face criminal charges.

There is some room open in my Feb. 25 class now. I'll probably have another one in Mar or early April depending on the demand. Please contact me directly if you are interested in attending.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Stupid question?

Am I to ASSume that this training is reciprocal with other states?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Stupid question?

A whole bunch of them... Washington being one of them.

ETA:  

Alabama
Louisiana
South Dakota
Alaska
Mississippi
Tennessee
Colorado
North Carolina
Texas
Florida
North Dakota
Washington State
Georgia
Ohio

List updated September 28, 2005.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupid question?

A whole bunch of them... Washington being one of them.

Cool, thanks for the info. Man I hope I don't have to work next Sat.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Roger - thanks for coming over!  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
The UT permit is recognized by more states than just the ones that have a reciprocity agreement with it. Though, many of those are the same one that recognize the OR permit because they recognize any state's permit.

If you are planning to come to the class on the 25th, please contact me ahead of time because there is limited seating and I need to know how your name should appear on the certificate to print them ahead of time.

Roger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top