Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 12:18:35 AM EDT
Well Ladys and Gents i finally did it.. a rather nice Trigger job for my 10/22..

as i enjoy it *and am currently unemployed* i will offer to do anyones 10/22 trigger for the low low price of $20..

now as i dont have a pull gauge i havent been able to check this out completely as of yet.. but so far what i can tell is i have droped my trigger pull to probably that of a VQ hammer or so. at this point i am VERY happy with the results of my trigger job.. considering i damn near only use this rifle for plinking i dident want to go too far.. *IE Keep it around 2.5-3 lbs of pull*

What i did was Polish all of the moving parts. *quite time consuming aucually with the harden'd steel of some*
Stoned the hammer
Put in a Torsen Bar trigger return spring.
Drill and tap the trigger for an over travel set screw.
*will be but havent yet* Build up the sear/disconnector joint with JB weld to reduce creep
and do a Auto Bolt release..

now when i figure out what i'm doing for shims that will be done as well to tighten everything up.. i will also be working on some slightly oversized pins in the future for the same reason..

Just offering this for all of you who want a cheaper alternitive to buying VQ stuff.. i enjoy this and do it for fun..

Jess
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahh the JB Weld trigger job. Havent done one of them in a long time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Now that is irony... I actually just ripped my 10/22's trigger assembly apart for cleaning and was thinking of polishing everything up myself!  Would that $20 and possibly a six pack allow for tutoring?  Wouldn't mind learning if what I do is correct for future reference with other firearms of mine...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Volquartsen target hammer and it kicks ass.  Think I paid about $30-35 for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah man no problem everything i do is open sorce information. the only reason i am asking some money is for the time involved in doing the work..

the VQ hammer is nice but this takes just a drop in hammer replace up to the next spot with sevral other things.. i'm offering this more as a cheaper option for some people..

Jess

shoot me a PM Ranoca and we'll set up a time to get togather and work on it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Will it bump fire?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Will it bump fire?

Then can.
With a CF barrel, a chopped stock and kidd trigger mine will but not 100%
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
ya know as stuped and as childesh as it might sound thats the whole reason i orginally got into the 10/22 action..  *not to mention that the stock trigger SUCKS* i am going to be picking up a spare hammer to work on so that if i go to far on the stoning it wont matter.. but the goal of that hammer will be to Bump Fire away..

once i get there *and OHH Yyyessss i will get there* i will be doing it all the time..  the only problem i can see is Yes i can get it to bump fire.. but then it wont be safe.. or it might only be with Mini Mags or Hyper Sonic ammo..

right now i just got back from shooting it.. the only problem at this point is i need to increase the size of the Trigger return spring as its not reseting 100% yet..

Jess
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will it bump fire?

Then can.
With a CF barrel, a chopped stock and kidd trigger mine will but not 100%

I've honestly never tried to bump mine.  I have a MRI CF barrel, Hogue stock and a Power custom trigger kit.  Maybe that will work.  Maybe I'll heve to remove the scope.  You know, a 10/22 will function with the stock completely removed (Just gotta make sure the pins stay in place)...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
thats why god made duck tape :-P well electrical tape would be easyer to remove the adheasive afterwords...

Jess
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top