Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:29:07 AM EDT
My wife completed a Pistol Self-Defense course yesterday, that a couple of Portland LEO's offered to our members, according to the Certificate of Completion it meets the requirements for a CHL.

Where do we get the application for a CHL, Sheriff's Office?

I wasn't able to attend because of working OT again. Who in the Metro area offers a good CHL class with range time?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Depands on the county.  Multnomah's offices are at 122nd and Glisan.

Clackams county has the Public Safety training center.  They have ranges, and classes.

CHL's are issued by county sheriffs offices.  Check the website of your local sheriff.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Multnomah County

Washington County

Clackamas County

Basically:

- Google
- (County name) + concealed

Oregon Firearms Federation also has a clickable map for most details as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Aplication downloaded!

What's type of holster have you found works best for carry concealed. I've already got a leather Triple K shoulder holster for a 1911 but am looking for other options for my Springfield 1911 Micro Compact and Sig 229.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, I knew the sherriffs office approved the applications but didn't want to assume they had the applications.

This was a big step for my wife, it took a lot of encouragement to convince her to go without me.

Aplication downloaded!

Looks like I'll be attending one at the CC Training Center.

What's type of holster have you found works best for carry concealed. I've already got a leather Triple K shoulder holster for a 1911 but am looking for other options for my Springfield 1911 Micro Compact and Sig 229.

Depends on fit. I just ordered a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I've also seen popular holsters from Galco, Alessi, COMPTAC, etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
When you are done with the application call the number on the app on Tuesday and set up an appointment.

Takes about 15 minutes to do all the fingerprinting, DNA, Retnal scans, buttseks, and UA. .

Hobble out the door and (If multnomah) I got mine in like 24 days.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a C-TAC for most carry, but also a SmartCarry for more discreet situations...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top