Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 1:35:58 PM EDT

Well, I just didn't want to waste my post 556 on making fun of petegunner or WS4LIF. So I decided to do something different. I'm not really sure what this post is going to turn out like, but here it goes.

I'd like people to do any or all :

1. Post a photo of your favorite pet.

2. Post a photo of your favorite firearm.

3. Tell me what your going to be doing during the Superbowl.

4. Post your favorite personal hunting story.

5. I would also like to hear from some of the readers that don't or very seldom post on here. I'd also like to hear from the guys/gals in Eastern Oregon.

By the way, the dog in the photo is not mine.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Cute dog. Is it yours?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool puppy.  Where did you get him/her?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Mackle Spackle (MAK90)

Favorite gun (that I have a pic of right naw)

Superbowl: watching with a couple friends, drinking a little, and whatever else.

Hunting: not a hunter.  but, this one time, in Alaska,   I broke a seagulls wing with my wrist rocket and a 3/4" berring.  I knocked it off the dock and into the water, and started flopping around with its other wing as it was floating away.  a few hundred other seagulls on the beach heard the commotion and started to fly over wounded one in the water.  All you heard was that annoying aaaa aaaaaaa, aaaa aaaa.  It was so loud.  ...end of story --  Natrural Selection -- they ate the wounded.  It was cool

congrats on 556
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Pictures are too compicated for me but for the game I'll be watching it at the local movie theatre.  A friend of mine rented it out for the day. Biggest screen around

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Pictures are too compicated for me but for the game I'll be watching it at the local movie theatre.  A friend of mine rented it out for the day. Biggest screen around

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Sorry man...Steelers win by 8
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
SInce I live over here where there's nothing but volcanic rock I don't have a site to host pics . So I'll just post some off the net.

Two of my favorite weapons:

and couldn't find a pic of a 29 w/a 6" barrel quickly enough so:

NMSight
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#7]
This isn't a picture of mine, but it's close enough to mine.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Sorry man...Steelers win by 8

The Steel Curtain will fall...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]

My two favorites

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Superbowl- Drinking some Widmer Brothers Brew and eating fresh homemade jambalaya!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's my latest hunting story.  Hunting over in East Mount Emily unit 2 seasons ago.  Day 2,
we walk out of camp up a gravel road leading to the backcountry.  About 5 minutes later, we come to
a small clearing and Dwayne, my partner,  spots a deer.  A couple more steps, and now we see 2
more deer looking at our direction at approximatey 125 yards.  Since it's starting to get light, I pull
up the binoculars.  Uh oh, the middle deer has forked antlers.   Dwayne says to me, I don't see any
antlers, which deer? I was so excited, I said I see forked antlers and I am going to shoot it.  
Dewayne says "Are you sure?" .  "Yes" I replied.  Dwayne says "I still don't see any antlers".  
While we are having this debate, the deer are still looking over in our directions and havn't moved
a muscle.  Ok, I am sure I see a small set of anters on deer #2.  Bypod down, prone position,
put your fingers in your ears and watch, BOOM.  I look up and only see 2 deer are standing.  
Whoopeee! Venison in the freezer!

Now I've spend a fair amount of time working up 30.06 loads, finally settling on 56gr of H380 and
150gr Nosler BT.  Now I want to see some bullet performance.   We walk out and Dwayne finds the
deer.   It has a tiny red spot in it's upper chest.  I turn the deer over and there is any equally
tiny exit hole.  The bullet went right thru the deer's spine which is good but I was aiming 5
inches lower  No bullet expansion whatsoever. A sniper I am not but, WTH, I got a good kill.  Get out the beer and start chuging  

Spambo
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey great looking Springer there BurntPocketHole (Mackle Spackle and the XD)!

Here's our Springers Gordy & Abby.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Kayook/The%20Springers/Water-fight.jpg

Bushy M-fo
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Kayook/Toys/M4.jpg

Shot with my brother in law then got locked up behind a cattle gate & had to call for the "changed" combination to get out, missed half the game. Then drank too much vino with dinner but the brisket was awesome! Wife's from PA, she liked the game...

Do not hunt anymore but have video-taped & photographed a few.

I'll say hello from Eastern Oregon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Where in Eastern Oregon are you guys located?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Central OR here, west of Terrebonne on beautiful Crooked River Ranch - Orygun's Largest Trailer Park

NMSight

ETA: Hey! Someone made me a Team Member! If I ever find out who did it I'll have to get even sometime . Whoever you are, you certainly didn't need to do this but thank you!

ETA again - Well, now I feel really humbled. I just checked and it says my membership expires 2/7/2008.

Unless of course this is some kind of mistake, in which case I'll just revert to my usual semi-anonymous self
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#15]

My "dog" Lothar, and my wonderful new AR.
I know I am late, I know seattle lost the Stupidbowl, and I dont hunt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#16]

This is "Liberty" our 7 month old Corgi

This is Liberty's big brother our 5 year "Dubs" He always has a smile for the camera and a growl for his sister.

My favorite gun is this revolover that TangoFoxTrot owns. I think it's called a 38 Special, I love shooting it. And my Pink AR!

Didn't watch much of the Super Bowl we were too busy cleaning the garage out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Mackle Spackle (MAK90)
www2.propichosting.com/Images/501471/7.JPG

Favorite gun (that I have a pic of right naw)
www2.propichosting.com/Images/501471/9.jpg

Superbowl: watching with a couple friends, drinking a little, and whatever else.

Hunting: not a hunter.  but, this one time, in Alaska,   I broke a seagulls wing with my wrist rocket and a 3/4" berring.  I knocked it off the dock and into the water, and started flopping around with its other wing as it was floating away.  a few hundred other seagulls on the beach heard the commotion and started to fly over wounded one in the water.  All you heard was that annoying aaaa aaaaaaa, aaaa aaaa.  It was so loud.  ...end of story --  Natrural Selection -- they ate the wounded.  It was cool

congrats on 556

Thanks for the seagul story, it was good to hear the hatred of those damned winged bastards, I too share the hatred.  My best story was the old go to the beach, tie pieces of bread to fishing line and watch the seagulls go for it.  They get about 20' up before you give the fishing line a yank and watch that thing freak out in the air and cough up the bread.  Dirty bastards.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Here's our Springers Gordy & Abby.

You sir, have quite the pair!  good lookin doggies!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Jack, aka "Peckerhead", "Shitbird" or "Litttle Bastard"

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Jack, aka "Peckerhead", "Shitbird" or "Litttle Bastard"

home.earthlink.net/~theoneandonlyhoppy/images/02.JPG

I thought it was "YOU little bastard!!"?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Umatilla County, Can you smell the sagebrush? heresureshot1, is that a Bushy XM15?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry man, but that dog is so "Brokeback"!!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Peta the breeder we purchased Liberty from mostly raises console dogs. Check it out! The lady also has horses and other animals. Great place and it's in Hood River so you could go see 9 finger Jack :)

www.spunkypaws.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top