Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 10:06:10 PM EDT
Wind is starting to pick up here, heavy rain.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
great and I'm headin to Mt. Hood tomorrow...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Oh boy.  It's gonna be a blizzard up there.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Same here (this morning, Sat.), Meadows with my 7 y.o. daughter and her boarding lessons
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been pissing down rain all morning here, hard winds
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I was gonna take my 12 yo nephew sledding, its gonna suck tellin' him we're not going. It looks like it's gonna be really nasty up there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, it wasn't all that eventful.  We got some pretty good gusts (40-45 mph) here (Eugene) around midnight but that was about it.  Poured for a while, and there was some thunder around 7 this morning.  All in all, just another Oregon winter storm.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#7]
ha, I was drinking with some friends near campus. I had to walk back to my apartment at about 1:30am. It was dry when I had walked over, but when I came back out everything was soaked and all the puddles were full again. I got lucky though, I walked back in the middle of a hole in the storm and didn't get rained on at all.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Got gusty here as well (Corvallis)..

Wind was howling pretty good. Power flickers once and fried my gf's power supply on her comp... never a good sign to see smoke coming from a computer....

Hoping for the best that it's JUST the power supply... too soon to tell though...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I was supposed to do security up there tonight (Hood River Co SO), but we got cancelled due to heavy snow and high winds = nobody up there to bust.  Winds up top MH Express were up to 80+mph.  30-40 at the base.  Snowing sideways.  Webcams almost totally whited out.

Timberline is closed today..

Hope you guys had a good time up there!

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#10]
If anything happened here (metro PDX), I missed it.  I snooze, I lose.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Sleep is for the weak.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Not all the glass panels are installed on the 18th floor (top floor), the wind was coming through the building pretty good this morning. Noticed the construction tower crane this morning was swaying more than just a couple of inches, from the wind gusts. Pretty good size tower crane, the building is 18 stories and the crane extends above the building, about a 250+ foot crane. Can't imagine how much it was moving at the top of it because I was looking at it from almost 200 ft. above street level.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Yesterday while on Mt. Hood at Meadows, we had 50 mph wind with 90 mph gusts.  I've never seen such a thing.  Couldn't do anything but hunker down.  We left and went down to Gov't camp so the kids could play.  While driving you couldn’t see the front of the car because of blowing snow.  People stuck as they didn't have on their chains, wind blowing cars across the ice, school buses too.  Oh well, there's next Sunday.

Go Sea Chickens!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top