Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 9:36:27 AM EDT
I wanna try and get them up tonight....can someone give my non-comp savvy butt a hand?

Where's a good place to host, ect?
TIA, Boo
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a single IT Nazi in here?

pfhhhh.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Nox!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't I tell you I was going to Germany? OH wait, "IT".........NM
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Another one to try is video.google.com
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Didn't I tell you I was going to Germany? OH wait, "IT".........NM

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Another one to try is video.google.com

I like the Google one as well. There is a delay in the actual "posting" but the result is nice.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Go ahead and email em to me if you want (250 meg limit)
[email protected]

Ill put em up and email you the links back/post em in here

my sites got 10 gigs of space and 500+ gigs of bandwidth so you wont ever get that annoying page telling you to comeback later or that youve exceeded your limit.

im an IT dork, but work ALL the time.  I am actually on my 15 minute break right now :)

Dont have time to go into explination =/  But that would be the easyiest way for you!  (I get off at 7PM and can have em uploaded and all that by 9)

If they are larger than 250 megs, a direct transfer to me would be best.  Via ICQ or something similar.

If youve got a better option by then, dont feel obligated to wait around for me :)

(filefront.com is pretty good also)
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Ken!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Woop sorry didnt notice you already had it taken care of :P

For the future tho, godaddy.com has some great hosting deals for like 4 dollars a month!  I could help you get an FTP program setup so all youd do is double click, click connect and click and drag the files to the directory you want (preferably one without an index so your viewers just see an alphabetical list of its contents) and presto!  (would work for any file of course not just movies)

Ive been with godaddy for domains for egh like 12 years and with domains the past 3 or so.  Good speed and havent had more than 5 minutes of downtime in the past year.  Heck you could have a site, Unka-boo.name for a few bucks paired with the few dollars for hosting and youve got a nice website of whatever :P
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Woop sorry didnt notice you already had it taken care of :P

For the future tho, godaddy.com has some great hosting deals for like 4 dollars a month!  I could help you get an FTP program setup so all youd do is double click, click connect and click and drag the files to the directory you want (preferably one without an index so your viewers just see an alphabetical list of its contents) and presto!  (would work for any file of course not just movies)

Ive been with godaddy for domains for egh like 12 years and with domains the past 3 or so.  Good speed and havent had more than 5 minutes of downtime in the past year.  Heck you could have a site, Unka-boo.name for a few bucks paired with the few dollars for hosting and youve got a nice website of whatever :P

Hey, thanks for the offer! I didn't re-read this thread untill after I uploaded to google , oh well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top