Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 7:27:48 PM EDT
Okay okay. So everyone seems to knock Oly. While the finish may not be the best, I've really been liking my 20" target model rifle.

I ended up screwing up the threads on the "aftermarket job". The people I bought it from, do attend the PDX Expo Gun Show, J&S (usually near Keith's). The two owners, J and S, both work in Oly's shop in Olympia, WA.

So, since I was making a business run up to Seattle today, I stopped by. 15 minutes later, threads were fixed.

In the interim, I got to see that badass CNC machine making shiny new bolt carriers.

So, +1 for Oly and +1 for Steve @ J&S for good customer service.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean you didn't bring back any "samples" ??? .......shoulda tried talking them into letting us become a satilite R&D dept.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You mean you didn't bring back any "samples" ??? .......shoulda tried talking them into letting us become a satilite R&D dept.

I did ask if they had any receivers without serial numbers I could borrow.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Still an OLY.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If they do it again you should go up there when they do the customer apprecaition day again. They do a full tour of the facility including the warehouse and where they put together the AR's and of the machine shop. Then they take everyone to the range and you can shoot thier toys. Lots of different calibers and lots o fun. Plus then they have a raffle at the end of a day for an AR that they put together from just parts right in front of everyone...not mention the other stuff they raffle off. It was a fun day unfortunately I think they only do it every two years and they have only done it twice. Very much worth the drive.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If they do it again you should go up there when they do the customer apprecaition day again. They do a full tour of the facility including the warehouse and where they put together the AR's and of the machine shop. Then they take everyone to the range and you can shoot thier toys. Lots of different calibers and lots o fun. Plus then they have a raffle at the end of a day for an AR that they put together from just parts right in front of everyone...not mention the other stuff they raffle off. It was a fun day unfortunately I think they only do it every two years and they have only done it twice. Very much worth the drive.

How much warning do they give?  That would be awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top