Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 7:49:37 PM EDT
I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread but I would really like to know where you guys get your ammo, be it locally or internet.  I've been shopping around for .223, 7.62x39 and 40S&W and have found a lot of different prices.  I want to buy at least a 1000 rounds each and I thought that you guys who seem to shoot A LOT would know where to get the best prices on bulk ammo.  I'm mostly looking for the cheapest I can get, yes even Wolf will do fine for me but if there are any good deals on the better stuff I'd be very interested in that too.

Thanks in advance.
Code3
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Bi-Mart.

I really like the UMC bulk packs for pistols, and they usually have the .223 UMC 55 gr. FMJ on sale for $3.50 a box.

As for 7.62x39, I wait until the gun shows, or buy from a local dealer.  It's getting hard to find a good price on Wolf these days...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
If your in the Portland area you might try Fisherman's Marine up in Delta park and in Clackamas. I bought a bunch of XM193 and Q3131A for about 3.80 a box. before the last shoot.

Nox
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 425 of .223.  Mostly wolf.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In Salem...
www.outdoormarksman.com/

I'm with him.  For small amounts I do local stores, but when needed to replinish my cache I find it's worth the drive down to Salem.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for outdoor marksman.

The price is usually hard to beat, they're a true "pro-gun" store (and semi-local, too), and I usually find they have the quantity I want. The "small" savings per box (of 20 rounds, or 50 for pistol) adds up when buying 10,000 + rounds.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Do they generally have the same prices at the store in Salem as on the website?  They had a disclaimer on their site about not necessarily having the same prices.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Call and ask the price if you are in doubt...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Outdoor marksman.
I have had them charge me more in the store, and their justification was that there was no shipping and handling, so they charge more in the store.
Following that horseshit explanation, I only buy from them if I absolutely have to. The dude in there gave me that story in all seriousness. I asked him why the price at the gunshow the weekend before matched the website, and he said it was a show special. I said, " let me get this straight, If I buy it here, you charge me more, and you don't have to handle it, package it and ship it?" Him "Yeah". WTF?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Cheap and ammo don't go in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Outdoor marksman.
I have had them charge me more in the store, and their justification was that there was no shipping and handling, so they charge more in the store.
Following that horseshit explanation, I only buy from them if I absolutely have to. The dude in there gave me that story in all seriousness. I asked him why the price at the gunshow the weekend before matched the website, and he said it was a show special. I said, " let me get this straight, If I buy it here, you charge me more, and you don't have to handle it, package it and ship it?" Him "Yeah". WTF?

Competition drives down the price at the gunshow and on line.  While standing in their store, there isn't much competition.  Dude you spoke to danced around the reality thus insulting your intelligence.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Outdoor marksman.

I think that when you order it on line it goes direct from miwall in CA.  Anything you buy in the store is already shipped from CA to OR.  So, they are covering their cost of shipping the ammo to OR.  I'm not sure I understand their business model... but whatever the market will bear.  

Stopping in the store and paying a slightly higher price that what they post on the internet but still getting it cheaper than I can order on line works for me...  plus, I like the instant gratification of plunking 3,000 rounds of ammo into my truck right now, not later when UPS gets around to it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Outdoor marksman.

Competition drives down the price at the gunshow and on line.  While standing in their store, there isn't much competition.  Dude you spoke to danced around the reality thus insulting your intelligence.  

It would have been more insulting had I said, "Oh that makes sense", and bought the battlepacks of port anyway. As it was, I just waited until the next portland show and ate into my reserves a little. Not only that, if you pay with a credit card on line they don't charge you an extra 2%, but they do in the store, at least they did the last time I bought something from them there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Bi-Mart has the Remington UMC on sale right now 2 for $7 (20 rd boxes).

Fishermen's still has Win. Q3131 for around $4 a box.  5% discount by the case.

There's also the Gun Show this weekend
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Sportsman's Warehouse on 82nd and Code 4 by the Boom Boom Room.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:50:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Cheap and ammo don't go in the same sentence.

they should

where is here?  I know you are in Oregon but what part of the state? I always tell people to talk to Robert Powers at powers sporting goods if they are in lane county. he usally has good stuff for a few bucks less than Miwall/outdoormarksman
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#18]
does code 4 sell ammo? On their website i don't see anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top