Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 2:57:43 PM EDT
Looking for some help threading a 20” Bushmaster barrel. I am posting here because I want to get it done in or around the people’s republic of Portland.

How is this done? Do they use a lathe and single point turn or a die, or? If I drop off an upper without hand guards, does the barrel have to be removed or can the threads be created on the complete upper? An explaination on the process would help.

Finally, I am going to check out Phoenix Armory in OC this week. I bought my BM Superlight from Shane and have had a good experience. I am curious on cost. I have seen some Oregon smiths online with listings of $110+ barrel removal? ADCO (ARFCOM link) list $65.

Any local info and answers to my questions would be great, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard good things about TROS from a Gem-Tech dealer I know.  He's based in Clackamas.

www.trosusa.com

I'm planning to get a couple .22 barrels threaded there when I get my suppressor.

ETA:  Just checked the website.  Says they're located in Dundee, but the mailing address says Clackamas.  Hmmm....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've heard good things about TROS from a Gem-Tech dealer I know.  He's based in Clackamas.

www.trosusa.com

I'm planning to get a couple .22 barrels threaded there when I get my suppressor.

ETA:  Just checked the website.  Says they're located in Dundee, but the mailing address says Clackamas.  Hmmm....

The shop is in Dundee. His P.O. Box is Clackamas. He doesn't let anyone visit his shop, i.e. "unknown location".
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You might try Warhound.  He is a machinist, I don’t know if he works on other people stuff, or just his own though.

-David.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top