Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/14/2006 5:33:13 PM EDT
Had a good time at the match today. Just have to learn to keep my muzzle pointed at the ground.
Cant wait till next months long range match.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya did good!  Glad you came out and nice meeting you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you all had a good time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who made a guys first PR shoot awesome.  Thanks again ilike9s for showing a new guy around!  Good to meet other new guys too.

David.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Warflounder and Cabdriver, You guys did really good in the fact that you did not DQ, and overall you followed the safety rules. I hope you both make it out again, and make sure to pimp it to your friends.

I think the AR15 crew numbered about 20 so 1/3 of PR is ARF, I think that speaks volumes as to the community we have.

I'd like to thanks you guys for going easy on me on my first run as RO. So would you all STAND BY!.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm bummed that I missed PR today, but it I am just getting over a bug/cold.  Hopped up on cold medicine & firearms is not a good thing.

See you all at the shoot next week.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Good times today.  

8 new shooters out there, it was good to see more shooters.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:05:22 AM EDT
[#8]
hey man glade you enjoyed yourself.. i certinally did but god stage 3 was a night mare..

note to self Hoodie pockets make bad mag holders...

the rest of the stages i did good on though at least i thought i did. and i'm out of the Bottom 10 YEAH..

next match i might attend will probably be the shotty match that sounds like alot of fun.

Jess
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:04:47 AM EDT
[#9]
It was a good match. Nice to meet new people and see them have fun. Having time to shoot 1  stage with pistol was a bonus, we got 20%more fun this match. HAA  HA
Going to be skipping next match, so I will see you all in Martch.
Oh ya, I took 10th place, but peta still kicked my ass...... Next month it is on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I had fun as usual.  That damn tire stage was kind of a pain in the ass.  Thank God, I was
shooting a light weapon.  On of the guys in my squad was using a HK-91(.308).  He had a
hell of time shooting that heavy bitch.  

Spambo
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Funny, the tire stage was a pain, but I got my best score there.  I wonder if they counted my penalties.  I must have shot the barricade at least three times.  Gotta learn to take into account the height of the sights.  I know a guy who shot a hole in his truck for this very reason.  My height probably also helped, since the short guys were having the most trouble.

Other lessons:  If you can use something as a rest, DO IT.  9mm out of a standard pistol will probably not flip the tree targets, but UMC out of a Glock 17L will do it.  On stage three:  RUN!!!
My Glock shoots to the left..  Wolf sucks.  Must get some XM193 or South African surplus.  Clearing malfunctions every ten rounds really breaks your concentration when you have to remember which target and how many shots.  At least I didn't "shoot the hostage".

BTW: I forgot to ask, but where did the term "tyro" come from?

I had a great time.  Hope to make it to the next shoot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#12]

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who made a guys first PR shoot awesome.

Big +1 from me on this.  Mega thanks to petagunner for lending me the rifle, and bearing with the mud and bent floorplate on the mag -- sorry again!  Also to unkaboo and...uh...Unkaboo's dad for guiding me around, letting me store my stuff in their truck.  I had a great time & will definitely be back.  

Petagunner also got me psyched to see some "fireworks" at Memloose so I'm going to try hard to get there too.  

I'm 90% gonna be at the shotgun match, see any of you there?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
One other thing...I really liked how you start PR with the Pledge of Allegiance and the moment of silence for those in service.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

BTW: I forgot to ask, but where did the term "tyro" come from?

Tyro is from Latin tiro, "a young soldier, a recruit," hence "a beginner, a learner."
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One other thing...I really liked how you start PR with the Pledge of Allegiance and the moment of silence for those in service.  

Randy seems to be a class act and runs that shoot excellent IMHO.  My first one I was impressed and this one even more impressed.

If ya guys can hang on for another hour or so, I'm downloading pictures right now.

Oh and Hartman, mag is already fixed, NO BIG DEAL!!!!!!!  Glad you could make it out!

Pics are a good thing. Any new info on the tannerite?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I had fun as usual.  That damn tire stage was kind of a pain in the ass.  Thank God, I was
shooting a light weapon.  On of the guys in my squad was using a HK-91(.308).  He had a
hell of time shooting that heavy bitch.  

Spambo

That is the truth, my arms were way tired holding up my silencer. That thing gets very heavy after a bit of shooting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#18]
It was a great match!  I can't believe I actually came in 9th place!

I have to agree about Stage 3, though.  That seemed to be the stage that killed everybody's scores...

And my squad had some time to do some pistol shooting on Stage 4, while we were waiting.  That was a lot of fun.  Some of our guys were able to hit the rifle target up on the hill, and most were coming pretty close.  The conditions were just right, to where we could actually SEE the bullet fly towards the target!

It was a pretty cool match, all in all!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#19]
My lessons learned from yesterday's shoot:

Iron sights suck! Shooting iron sights from my weak side (stage 3) sucks harder! I don't think I hit any targets shooting from my weak side on stage 3. For the night shoot, I shot left handed with my PK AS and had no trouble hitting the targets.

Falling down sucks! But if you do, get the butt in the mud, not the muzzle.

It was great to see so many people, especially the new ones. I think  the turn out would have been better id the weather guessers hadn't been predicting rain for Sat. BSW
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#20]
PICTURES!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#22]
NO! I want my cake and I want to eat it too!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Iron sights suck! Shooting iron sights from my weak side (stage 3) sucks harder! I don't think I hit any targets shooting from my weak side on stage 3. For the night shoot, I shot left handed with my PK AS and had no trouble hitting the targets.

It was great to see so many people, especially the new ones. I think  the turn out would have been better id the weather guessers hadn't been predicting rain for Sat. BSW

OH that'S NOTHING MY FRIEND!.. IRON SIGHTS SUCK! when They are not sighted in!.. Also if your RED DOT goes out and you have to fall back on the IRONS.. IT happened to me!.. RED DOT OUT!@.. IRONS ARE OFF.. OMG!.. GUESS EVERY SHOT Equals finishing 60th out of 60.. OUCH!.. OH and i didn't even get a DNF Finding a new optic soon and also gonna make time to sight the irons. LOL i'm laughing because the worst case scenario that i didn't think would happen on a match Happened..
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Gunkata,

I thought you shoot well and had more of equipment problems then anything else.  That rifle will shoot better then you can, just got to get the optics lined up and your golden.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH that'S NOTHING MY FRIEND!.. IRON SIGHTS SUCK! when They are not sighted in!.. Also if your RED DOT goes out and you have to fall back on the IRONS.. IT happened to me!.. RED DOT OUT!@.. IRONS ARE OFF.. OMG!.. GUESS EVERY SHOT Equals finishing 60th out of 60.. OUCH!.. OH and i didn't even get a DNF Finding a new optic soon and also gonna make time to sight the irons. LOL i'm laughing because the worst case scenario that i didn't think would happen on a match Happened..

Bummer
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#27]
  Yup, another fun day. I always feel a lot of pride when I'm in the company of so many great shooters. ( with long guns). I did think the tire stage was challenging, but at least one too many tires. While shooting that stage my glasses where fogging badly, making it hard to see targets. Did anyone else have that problem? I'm going to try some anti fog cloth next time. It really screwed up my shooting on the last two stages.

The stage where we had to run was a trip. I was almost done with the second part of the stage when I heard the footsteps of the RO finally getting there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#29]

NOW THATS GANGSTA!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#30]
WOOHOO!

More pics!  Especially of me!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for reminding me about that @#$%ing Beta-C Mag with the Wolf ammo.  How irritating...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#33]
What's THIS? Both Pribbz and TangoFoxtrot using ARs! Mr. AK and Mr. FAL!?

The world as we know it has ended!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's a link to Randy's pictures on Yahoo.  Practical Rifle Pictures

Check out the "January 2006" images at the bottom of the page.  Watch the Slideshow.
There are a few of our South African shooter, Bobby K., using a Luger on the pistol targets.

Spambo
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Here's a link to Randy's pictures on Yahoo.  Practical Rifle Pictures

Check out the "January 2006" images at the bottom of the page.  Watch the Slideshow.
There are a few of our South African shooter, Bobby K., using a Luger on the pistol targets.

Spambo

Fixed your link.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#36]
BTW, I did want to ask...

Did the AR with a can register on the timer well? No issues?

Also, how was it cased?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#38]
It was pretty cool watching the steam come off that can after Stage 3.  It smoked like a big fat stogie.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
BTW, I did want to ask...

Did the AR with a can register on the timer well? No issues?

Also, how was it cased?

I think it worked fine.. because the sonic boom still makes a Wack noise..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey, that Wasatch is full of mags!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ya, but they were all empty......
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya, but they were all empty......

Damn straight!

And then to top it off, HE WAITS TO LOAD MAGS WHEN IT'S HIS TURN TO SHOOT!

BSW
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#45]
ass
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You love me...admit it

Tiss true, tis true...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#49]

The only picture missing from the shoot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top