Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 2:18:18 PM EDT
I'm having trouble deciding witch laser set up I want for my XD.
I like the idea of the internal laser sight, no added bulk to gun or holster issues etc.
But they are really expensive, about $400 or so. I'm sure some of you have opinions
on them (and other laser sights for that matter) and I would love some feedback on them.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one from a dealer on Ebay.  Cost me about $300.  Installation was easy (I have a Glock 23).  Tested it out, and it worked great.  I took it shooting with a new 30 roung mag.  Ran through a couple of mags.  Later, when I tried to use the laser, it wasn't working.  Called the company, and the tech guy helped me through some troubleshooting.  Turned out the laser had failed.  I boxed it back up, and sent it to Lasermax, and they replaced it free of charge, and payed the return shipping.  That was almost a year ago, and I haven't had a problem since.

Pros:
Laser is pretty bright (easy to see unless in bright sunlight)
Batteries last quite a while as long as you don't forget to turn it off.
the new one is holding up well.
Point of aim is pretty close.  Definately good for any self defense situation.
LaserMax customer service and support is excellent!

Cons:
First one was a bad one.
At least on my model, the laser can be activated while in a soft holster.  I recommend a kydex like Comp-Tac.
Laser lens will get dirty very quickly from shooting.  If the laser dot is bright, but blurry, this is probably the problem.  Since the powder residue can be hard to clean off, I usually smear lense with oil so the residue will simply wipe off. No real big deal.
My model doesn't have a captured spring, making installation kindof a pain.  I believe the newer ones have captured springs.

Overall:  
Good product.  If something goes wrong, they will fix it.  Works great.

Rating (out of five):
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man that is great info. Now I just need a silencer for the XD.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
If you find someone who has threaded barrels for the 5" tactical model in 9mm, please let me know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top