Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 8:27:05 AM EDT
So here's my review of going to a concert last night.............

So for starters I got tickets to go see Disturbed last night.  Thanks for HOTPINK for those.  

Now, it starts by waiting in a line out side, in direct rain for about 1.5 hours.

I don't get to see alot of concerts and Disturbed is my favorite band so I wanted to be in the action, close to the speakers and singers as possible.

Well, after rushing to the front of the general admission area I have to wait there about an hour before the first band comes out.

At this point I start to get mashed against the metal wall which is just the right height to push in my diapram and keep me from breathing but I just push back.

Now the fun starts, so the first band is Northwest Royal, a very heavy metal group and they f'n rocked I thought.  Now I am at the very very front, directly infront of the band, so when the lead singer spits a luggy, not spit, FLEM, into the crowd it lands in my face and mostly ontop of my head.
Now WTF, that's just gross.  And I have to stand there as I'm mashed against a metal 4ft wall.
So the mosh pit open up directly behind us and I had the strange feeling to jump in and knock some fuckers down but I knew I'd loose my place at the front so I just got to take the elbows and knees to the back from people getting knocked around.

The next band comes out bloodsimple, they kinda sucked, but the crowd liked them.  At this point to "girls" are trying to get to the front by batting eyes at all the 15 year olds....they make it all the way to the front till they get to me.  "Sir would you let us get in so we dont get squished?", Fuck no bitches!  I've waited here for hours, and have been taking a beating!  I don't fall for that poon-tang sucka bit.  Well now these girls are related to the bouncers/meat heads in the front, so now he tries to "push" us aside so they can have the best seat in the house.  Well, I an't having it, sorry bucko, but I'm mashed in tighter then a sardine in a can.  So now people really get raughty and I'm actually having trouble breathing as I literally can't push my self back to get the metal bar out of my gut.

Now everyone is fighting to get up to the front for what ever reason.  So I have to fight to breath, figth to keep elbows out of my kidneys and face, and I keep thinking someone is trying to grab my wallet, so I keep trying to reach down and check.  Everytime I do this someone sticks there arm in and makes my space smaller.  

Well disturbed comes out and people just wig out.  I got kicked in the head from "crowed surfers" more times then I can count.  The guy behind me thought that if he stuck his elbow in the small of my back I'd just leave or something.  Finally I let me know if kept it up I was going to bend in his wind pipe....magicly the elbow moved....oh course, it was just replaced by someone elses.  

Now inbetween bands they had the lizard man from the discovery chanel or whatever, the guy with the split tounge, tats head to toe like a lizard......well his "half time" entertainment was he stuck a tube through his nose all the way down into his stomach.  Then attached a cylinder to the hose and filled it with gatorade, beer, jagermiester, bbq sauce and some other shit.  Then a guy pumped it directly into his stomach.......but wait there's more!  He then talked a bit and had the guy PUMP it back out.....into a clear cylinder....then he poured it into the empty gatorade bottle...and drank it.  And oh course through the empty bottle right at me so I got to smell it all..........yum.

All in all it was alot of fun! LOL

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#1]
This is why on the very few occasions I go to the Roseland I sit upstairs, drink and laugh at the people getting smashed up front. I generally don't go to the Roseland, don't like the body searches. F*%@ the Roseland.
Not to slam too much on your favorite band, but did they give a political speech? Given their latest single I figured they would. That was the low point of the Ministry show, had to listen to their drivel. If I pay for a ticket to a concert I want music, not a political rally.
Wow, I guess I sound really disillusioned with concerts and current bands in general.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
No speach.  Also I personaly don't take any politcal meaning in there songs.  If anything be mad at the govenment, which I agree with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#3]

and laugh at the people getting smashed up front.

Now I know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Dude, chics dig bruises and scars!  

I have alot of both.

By the end of the night I was ready to throw the body surfers into the ground.  Every 30 seconds the boucners climbed up the wall infront of me to grab the surfers so I got a face full of gut and crouch......yet it still rocked.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Not quite as bad as the time I went to go see Floater at Dante's.

Nox is there with me. We end up having to stand and lean up against the wall by the women's bathroom. Of course it just keeps getting more and more crowded.

We see mini-bongs being passed around in front of us. And some other questionable characters.

Of course, since we were stationed right by the women's bathroom and it was so crowded, two dozen women had to scrape themselves past me in other to go pee. And then, scrape themselves back.

Last time I was at the Roseland, was to see Cake and Cheap Trick. We sat in the upstairs "adult" section. in an actual seat. Much better. And yes, we did laugh at the little 15-18 year olds getting smashed (like a pancake) on the lower level.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]

15-18 25 year olds getting smashed (like a pancake) on the lower level
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want to see an insaine show......................

GWAR!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet, you got to see lizard man.

Dude, takes tats to a whole new level!

I personally love the roseland. You can sit and drink or hang in the pit or on the rack.!

Regardless of the bumps and bruises, a good show is always fun!!
CH
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to be one of the guys on the other side of the rail down on Beale St. and I still got into the pit at Ministry (last concert I went to). I think my brain was pickled by then.
I had a good time despite the things I complained about.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The lizard man guy is "Mac the tube" He used to tour with the Jim Rose circus sideshow!!  He puts on a great show!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Of course, since we were stationed right by the women's bathroom and it was so crowded, two dozen women had to scrape themselves past me in other to go pee. And then, scrape themselves back.

Somebody's got to do it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top