Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:36:02 AM EDT
I have to buy a new washing machine.  I have to go to Portland tomorrow [Monday] .  Any suggestions?  I've searched online Home Depot and BestBuy and Costco.  BestBuy has the washer I want but not in Portland [I'll check Vancouver].  I don't have a lot of money to spend.

HELP!  Ideas?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard TV and Aplliance!

Oh and check out the New Zeland brand DC washers....they use aton less energy and get the clothes almost totally dry.  I can't think of the brand but there's only one DC washer and dryer, I have both.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Oh and check out the New Zeland brand DC washers....they use aton less energy and get the clothes almost totally dry.  I can't think of the brand but there's only one DC washer and dryer, I have both.  

WS4 where is this?  Can you give me directions from I-84 east?  Remember I'm a small town girl [and driver].  How much did they cost?

Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I also got them. They are the Fisher & Paykal ones. I got the cheaper washer and the top-load dryer.

Overall cost was something like $600 + $700, but I got $400 in rebates. Still spendy though.

Other places you can try:
- Sears
- Hamilton TV and Applicance (where I got my other stuff). Small shop, but decent prices.
- Standard TV & Appliance has everything, but is run like a used car lot (at least at the Beaverton location).
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WS4 where is this?  Can you give me directions from I-84 east?  Remember I'm a small town girl [and driver].  How much did they cost?

Thanks for the help!

www.standardtvandappliance.com/

They have a map to the portland store.  It's on SE 82nd ave between foster and holgate.
Take 205 south from 84 to the Foster road exit.  Head west to  82nd avenue.  Head north on 82nd ave and store is on the east side of the road I think.

I like Standard TV and Appliance because you can dicker on prices.  :-)

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I tend to buy our appliances from Geoge Smith Warehouse Sales.  Great service and they tend to be lowest in price.  I believe they have a location off of I-84 in Portland, but we do our shopping at the location off of 217 next to CompUSA and Toys R Us.  

Best of luck,

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats where I bought my washer and dryer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Standard TV owns George Smith warehouse.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I can go through my supplier, and see if I can get a good price for you, just let me know the model number and the prices you have.  

They are located near the airport, so it would be an easy pickup.  They also have new dented/last years models for decent pricing.

Steven
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I can go through my supplier, and see if I can get a good price for you, just let me know the model number and the prices you have.  

They are located near the airport, so it would be an easy pickup.  They also have new dented/last years models for decent pricing.

Steven

Wow.  That's awesome.  I'll look it up.  Thanks everyone.  Patty
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Steven

Steven I tried IMing you but you do not accept IMs.

Here's what I said:

first thank you so much for the offer.  Here's what I"m looking at:

[http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6681762&type=product&productCategoryId=cat15060&id=1091101927336]LINK

something like this or similar.  I can careless what color.  White works best but I do not care if its an off color.

Thanks again,  Patty

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Patty - you DO NOT want to buy ANYTHING from Best Buy -- really.

A bunch of criminals ...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:02:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Patty - you DO NOT want to buy ANYTHING from Best Buy -- really.

A bunch of criminals ...

Really?  Well as it works out I wont anyway.  They don't have the washer I like.  I sent this as a link to what I like.  I really rather buy from a Mom and Pop if possible then a huge chain but since I'm broke broke broke I have to take what I can get into the equation.

Patty
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
... but since I'm broke broke broke I have to take what I can get into the equation.

Damn woman, get yourself a bucket of hot water and get to work!

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... but since I'm broke broke broke I have to take what I can get into the equation.

img234.imageshack.us/img234/8374/594hf.jpg

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.fastdirectory.net/smile/neaner.gif

I keed I keed. Although I do deserve that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, that's one high-quality smiley.

who the hell is that cocky bastard that sells appliances with his GIGANTIC SMILING FACE right above the entry door on 82nd in portland?

kinda looks like a douche from first glance, but my curiosity gets the best of me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, that's one high-quality smiley.

who the hell is that cocky bastard that sells appliances with his GIGANTIC SMILING FACE right above the entry door on 82nd in portland?

kinda looks like a douche from first glance, but my curiosity gets the best of me.

I believe that would be Tom Peterson.  Used to be rather successful, ran into some financial trouble.  Now he sells bargain stuff and advertises on late night TV.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Steven, please email me ASAP [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#19]
AAFES ^_^

Find someone you know at Ft. Lewis or McChord.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top