Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 8:07:30 PM EDT
Go ahead and laugh.  Get it out of your system.  When you're done scroll down and see my question.
My town has a dinner once a year for everyone in the town.  Yes, everyone and everyone shows up.  This year they're having steak and salmon and the coordinator is looking for a good place to buy salmon in bulk.  I was wondering if you have contacts.

Thanks!  Patty
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I know.  My town is made up of some of the nicest albeit dumbest busy bodies known to man.  But what can I say, Steak and Salmon?  YUM!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Go ask the Injuns at Celilo Village.... aren't they close to you?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go ask the Injuns at Celilo Village.... aren't they close to you?

Yes, I thought about that.  I haven't seen any lines out lately but I haven't really been watching.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a good time of year for fresh wild salmon. Your best bet is frozen Alaskan King Salmon.

If you know somone in the restaurant business, they should be able to get it for you from Ocean Beauty for around 5.99 lb for vacuum packed sides. Your local grocer should be able to get it as well with maybe a slight markup.

Not as good as fresh chinook, but waaaayyyyy better than farmed crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top