Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 9:45:26 PM EDT
And  "wanted to know what if felt like to be God."

Here is what they say happened:

"Smith and Rayburn (the meth heads) left their Moriah Lane resident for a walk late the night of Thursday, Dec. 22. Smith took his father's .22 caliber rifle along in case he came across anything worth shooting.

The couple didn't know Rost (the victim), who lived about a mile away. But they ended up walking down his driveway and encountering him outside the door of his mobile home with his dog.

Smith raised the rifle, pointed it at Rost and ordered the man inside. He and Rayburn bound Rose hand and foot and secured his credit cards and pin numbers.

After injecting meth from a syringe (to get a rush), Smith shot Rost point-blank in the head in Rayburn's presence (to get another rush). After stashing the murder weapon in the trunk of Rost's 1992 Accura, the pair used the vehicle to begin hitting local ATM machines for cash."

www.newsregister.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=202449
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a great example of why I'm EXTREMELY pro-death penalty. That makes me sick to my stomach to read things like that. Remember the scene from (I think) The Green Mile, where they don't put the guy down on the first try and he suffers ALOT? I'd like to see both of those guys get that kind of treatment.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell yes...Kill them the same way they killed their victims, but on Pay-Per veiw. Take the money and put it in a fund that the procedes will help the victims families.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
pure evil......
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
They should flog em to death.  I think that would get the point across that what they did was wrong.  be a good deterant at the very least.  Cases like these deserve cruel and unusual punishment.  f* life in prison.  These people in no way deserve that, they desrve worse
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they DO deserve life in prison.  Just put all the people like that in one big cell together and don't feed them, whatever happens their "life" in prison will be short and miserable plus think of the millions that would be saved on taxes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
It says his girlfriend is 26 but in that picture it looks like shes at least 38(faces of meth).  Hopefully they will get the book thrown at them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
This is why you never surrender. Even if your only weapon is your hands, fight, and don't stop until one of you is not breathing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm horrible with details and this is something I should remember specifically but about 15 years ago a kid in Oregon drove down and killed a young neighbor girl so that he could get the high of killing someone.  He did like 6 years in Jail and is now out.  After he got out the victim's father worked with Bob Tiernan's office in passing legislation that made it mandatary life suspension of driving privilege for anyone convicted in Oregon of vehicular manslaughter.  However it wasn't passed until after asshat got out so he does have his driving privileges.  I worked for Tiernan then so I should remember the guy's name, his daughter and loser who killed the little girl but I can't for the life of me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think they DO deserve life in prison.  Just put all the people like that in one big cell together and don't feed them, whatever happens their "life" in prison will be short and miserable plus think of the millions that would be saved on taxes.

+1!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top