Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 12:03:35 PM EDT
 Well,I got a nice MEGA from Clinton and need another,but he is not returning my email or phone calls.......so any other options out there?       T.I.A. guys....  Hal
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Keith has DPMS and RRA lowers for fairly decent prices.  His Bushmaster lowers are pretty high priced though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
keiths....blah
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
keiths....blah

Ditto
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
keiths....blah

Ditto

Tritto.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
What's wrong with Keith's?

His prices are pretty good, pretty good selection.  The only problems I see are driving all the way our to Gresham and they aren't usually interested in shooting the shit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

His prices are pretty good, pretty good selection.  The only problems I see are driving all the way our to Gresham and they aren't usually interested in shooting the shit.

Their prices for hard to find and used stuff are okay. But for most of the other stuff, meh.

There's also some shady business practice rumors going around about their gunshow dealings, etc. (like how much do they REALLY pay for their tables, and what about those Glock LE trade-ins?)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their prices for hard to find and used stuff are okay. But for most of the other stuff, meh.

There's also some shady business practice rumors going around about their gunshow dealings, etc. (like how much do they REALLY pay for their tables, and what about those Glock LE trade-ins?)

Need some details on the rumors...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've heard the gun show table rumor, what's up with their Glock LE trade-ins?

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Need some details on the rumors...

Nah, I don't want to be accused of spreading rumors.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I met him at a gunshow and will never step foot in his establishment...

I'll pay a few bucks more for something before I give him my business.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I plan on spending another couple grand in his store unless someone can tell me why I shouldn't.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
My dealings have been positive. I think some of the counter guys have been pricks at times, but you cant get away from them no matter where you go.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone IM me the rumors and I'll post them so your name isn't tied to it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:There's also some shady business practice rumors going around about their gunshow dealings, etc. (like how much do they REALLY pay for their tables, and what about those Glock LE trade-ins?)

Curiosity has the best of me on this one. Does it matter what he pays for tables?? Does it matter that he probably beat some people to the punch on the LE trades??
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:There's also some shady business practice rumors going around about their gunshow dealings, etc. (like how much do they REALLY pay for their tables, and what about those Glock LE trade-ins?)

Curiosity has the best of me on this one. Does it matter what he pays for tables?? Does it matter that he probably beat some people to the punch on the LE trades??

+1

On the tables:  I assume the gripe is about him possibly getting tables for cheaper than other.  If this is the case, so what?  He gets like 20 tables at every show, If I was running the thing I would give him a group discount too.

I have no idea about the LE Glocks.  All I know is he has a lot of them.  I have no problem with that either, as long as they have been refurbed by a Glock armorer and cleaned.  I think it's a good deal for those who can't afford a new one.

Edit to add:  Damn, this thread got hijacked fast.  maybe I will start a new one.

/hijack
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

On the tables:  I assume the gripe is about him possibly getting tables for cheaper than other.  If this is the case, so what?  He gets like 20 tables at every show, If I was running the thing I would give him a group discount too.

I have no idea about the LE Glocks.  All I know is he has a lot of them.  I have no problem with that either, as long as they have been refurbed by a Glock armorer and cleaned.  I think it's a good deal for those who can't afford a new one.

Edit to add:  Damn, this thread got hijacked fast.  maybe I will start a new one.

/hijack

What does it matter. I only have a finite amount of money to spend. If I need to bring something back, do a return visit, I go other places than Keith's.

I did want to add...just remember that Keith's stuff is not always priced where it should be. It is usually all over the map. The second to last pistol I bought would have been over 30% more at Keith's.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What does it matter. I only have a finite amount of money to spend. If I need to bring something back, do a return visit, I go other places than Keith's.

Again, I have no idea what you're talking about.  I haven't felt the need to bring anything back.  I've bought 6 1/2 guns from them, plus a little gunsmithing without a single complaint.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Keiths   -----------------------      <---- Ten foot pole.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ok, I gather that everyone has a dislike for Keith's Sporting Goods.  Not a single person in this thread has told me why, other than vague rumors.

That's it.  Starting a new thread.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I gather that everyone has a dislike for Keith's Sporting Goods.  Not a single person in this thread has told me why, other than vague rumors.

That's it.  Starting a new thread.

You go girl!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#21]
THAT'S IT!

I'm gonna show you all!  I'm gonna go down there next week and buy a gun.  That'll teach ya!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#22]
The reason Keith got the LE trade in's is because he is the LE distributor for Oregon.  Back when 911 was is business they used to get them.  If you are looking for a LE trade in you can also look at RSR as they have them from time to time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#23]

As far as the table rent I hope he is getting them all for free with amount of people he brings in the door at $8 a head. I could care less even if I was a vendor or not as some guys here are iirc. (The table rent it to much as it stands how I see it.)

Don't know anything about the LE trades or even care. If someone wants a used gun then expect a used gun. (Why would anyone expect it to be rebuilt?) If someone wants to pay to much by not shopping around then pay to much. (I don't recall anyone saying he was the cheapest as in my experience he is NOT but he has just about everything to look at.)

I think where I am going is that he "is" afterall a businessman and from what I seen over that last 15 or so years a pretty good one at that. This is beside that fact that some will have personal issues with Keiths. You can't keep em' all happy...

I personally haven't had "exceptionally" bad or good experiences with Keiths. Been in a jam a time or two for varmit ammo and he came through. Been snuffed off in the shop also by some of his help. (Its typical of any retail environment to me.)

Thing that makes me go Hmmmm...Why would someone say I will never shop there in someones thread about where to spend money and then not have the balls enough to tell why???

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought my Bushmaster from Keith's a week after the ban ended.  Yeah, I paid a little more, but everyone was paying a little more a week after the ban ended.  Plus, he was just about the only guy who had brand new no ban factory rifles that soon.  I have talked with him a couple times, and asked him questions about his guns and I have always been treated fine.  I will admit though, I have never been into his shop, just had dealings with him at gun shows.  But from what I have seen, he has some pretty good deals on stuff, and some too high priced stuff.  For example; one gun show he had a new DSA FAL carbine for way too much, but the last gun show he had complete RRA lowers with collapsible stock for very good prices.  Until I have a bad experience with him, I will keep using him.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been treated great on occasions I've been there, and I've had the "what the fuck do you want" attitude thrown at me. Doesn't seen to be any consistancy, everytime I've been there I've been treated differently.

But the Gun Room........................everyone needs to experence that for themselves at least once...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:But the Gun Room........................everyone needs to experence that for themselves at least once...

Can I get a hell yea?!?!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmm,Keith has Bushy and RRA,any other brand LOWERS out there guys? I really like my Mega....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Well you could order one of the EE . or wait till the Portland expo show at at the end of January 3 day show
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
As far as the table rent I hope he is getting them all for free with amount of people he brings in the door at $8 a head. I could care less even if I was a vendor or not as some guys here are iirc. (The table rent it to much as it stands how I see it.)

Best not to reply to that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top