Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 12:12:08 PM EDT
I got a $100 gift card to Sportsman's Warehouse and went over there with the easy task of blowing it.  I have been thinking about getting a Kahr PM9 for carry in situations when the G23 is simply too big.  I asked to check out one of the ones they had.  The clerk, a short, skinny little weasel of a man shows me one with the black frame and Stainless slide.  I asked to see one finished in all black.  The clerk said they don't make one.  I replied, "I'm pretty sure they do."  He said, "I've seen the catalog and the website and they don't"  I didn't want to start an argument, so I went home emptyhanded.  I checked on the Kahr website, and sure as shit, they make one.  Model PM9094, IRC.  Man, if I had taken his word I would probably be pissed enough to walk back in the store and pistol whip his ass with the tiny gun.

Same Day:  Another clerk says to onther customer checking out Beretta target .22 pistol (the heavy squarish one) "Thats the gun they used in Robocop."  I let him walk away before I told the customer he was full of shit.

Lessons learned:
Gunstore Clerks can be full of bullshit
SW is not even really a gunstore, so they probably have even more bullshit.
Always do your own research
It is possible to go to the Sportsman's Warehouse and not buy anything.

ETA:  My first thought was to print out the page, walk in there and shit all over him.  I might do that since I have to go back and use the gift card.  Can we say "OWNED"?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the same in the parts world....just because they work the counter, doesn't mean they know shit about what they're selling.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's the same in the parts world....just because they work the counter, doesn't mean they know shit about what they're selling.

Don't you work the parts counter?

I guess thet part that really torques me is that when confronted with conflicting information he continued to bullshit me.  If I were in his place, I would have simply checked to see if it was true.

I've never worked retail, but I know you never bullshit a customer, especially on a $500 non-returnable purchase.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I would deff. walk back in with the print out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought my PM9 at SW. My wife got her P9 at the same time. We knew the model numbers that we wanted, and how much they cost at Keith's and Gunbroker. The guys there knew how do do a special order price check, which it sounds like your punk didn't. All told, it took about 2 weeks for the special order to come in. BSW

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the important part.

The Robocop gun was a heavily modified Beretta M93R:

That is all!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
PC, Hell yes they make a blued one. I’m in the market for one now.  Print it out and take it back. PM me to meet you, I work 5 minutes away. We could set up an Abbott and Costello bit on types of guns or what not…Tell me you made it out of there without getting muzzle swept???
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
PC, Hell yes they make a blued one. I’m in the market for one now.  Print it out and take it back. PM me to meet you, I work 5 minutes away. We could set up an Abbott and Costello bit on types of guns or what not…Tell me you made it out of there without getting muzzle swept???

Shit.  I just got back from there.  I had the printout in my pocket, but the little weasel wasn't working today.  I saw the old fart behind the counter sweep several people.

Where do you work?

I'm sure Keith's has them.  He has just about everything...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got the all black PM9.  Very nice carry piece.  And light enough that I can clip it inside the wasteband on a pair of sweat pants and it doesn't pull them down.

Sportsman's Wharehouse has a bunch of idiots working there.  And 2 weeks wait on a special order?  Ouch.  I get mine in 3 or 4 days max.  Buy from a real gun shop, you may pay $20 more, but you will be supporting a much better establichment from people who actually know about guns and get much better support.

Wes Vogel at VogArms here in Albany always hooks me up with what I need quick.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, and that Beretta 93R.  Man, I would love to get my hands on one of those.  Saw one selling for $25,000 a while back.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#10]
FWIW - There is a black PM9 for sale on the EE and its located in Oregon.

If I remember correctly it belongs to liberty86.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Helllooooo Nurse!  I'll check on that..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top