Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/26/2005 5:23:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
black rifle disease is easliy transformed to black plastic disease, and vice versa.  Mine got started with a G19- now have 1.5 AR's with my second upper on it's way to make it a solid 2!!  
]
yeah I know that's weak but I got a house and wife and kids.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I started with a Glock.......I believe they are the only handguns to own.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Blah blah blah......

Having said that, glock makes a good gun. I just cant get used to the grip angle.
CH
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I wish I had that problem......." Honey, you wanna go shop for a new AR tomorrow?----Sure, but we need to hit Target on the way over to Sportsmans...."  

And you're complaining..........sheesh.....I get something along the lines of......" What kind of gun crap did you buy now!??? "
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey,

Only mags your going to be able to pull off of a cop
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Glocks don't jam.............
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to have to agree with Cape and Peta, although for the most part I like Glocks they are extremely uncomfortable in my hands too. I always shoot high with them! I always thought it was because my hands were so small, but aparently thats not the case.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm going to have to agree with Cape and Peta, although for the most part I like Glocks they are extremely uncomfortable in my hands too. I always shoot high with them! I always thought it was because my hands were so small, but aparently thats not the case.

That was my problem with my buddy's Glock 23.

So, I ended up with a more traditionally styled USP and P2000.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I held a USP in 9mm on Friday, was nice, did not like the HK only rail though

I may have been premature on the 1911 thing, sure I'll get flamed for that, but I also go to hold a few Sigs on Friday as well.

I loved holding the Sig Pro 2022.

Oh and to the USP "only" rail:

In other words, for $20-$50, don't the the USP rail dissuade you. There are solutions.

Hmmm...I still need to clean the blood off that grip too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Cape, I hate the hump on the grip too, gun always comes up high for me.

Boo, my wife hunts with me, so leg up on ya there.  This is now her 3rd gun but first pistol.

WS4LIF, for an all plastic "toy" gun the little thing was kinda fun to shoot I'm not sure if it's a 2nd gen or 3rd, but the trigger was a vast improvment over the G22 I had a few years back, reset was short, recoil was slim to none, quick back to target...blah blah blah....

BTW, my 96 is goin up for sale soon, I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANOTHER GLOCK (for now)

1911 comin up!

easy way to see it's 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen is by grip having the grooves in it and a Weaver style front bottom rail. if you have that then it's a 3rd Gen. and your slide is Dark Matt Black. Mine is a Second Gen G19 so it's a faded Tenifer slide with no rails. And yes ever since i got my Glock i sold off my other rifles and now have an AR and another .223.. building another real soon. LOL this is insanity!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]
No, insanity is making a deal with your wife that no "family" money will be spent on guns.....
You have any idea how many times I've cleaned out my garage to find stuff I don't need? On the plus side, the swap meet has been good for me the last two years...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Having said that, glock makes a good gun. I just cant get used to the grip angle.
CH

I own a few glocks and I use them almost exclusively as a primary carry gun.   I really wanted a Sig, but the grip angle feels odd to me and I think the bore axis is too high.  

That's exactly why I always tell everyone to buy/shoot what feels good to them.   I'm a Glock Armorer, and you should see the surprise on people's faces when I suggest they try something non-Glock! :-)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

I own a few glocks and I use them almost exclusively as a primary carry gun.   I really wanted a Sig, but the grip angle feels odd to me and I think the bore axis is too high.  

That's exactly why I always tell everyone to buy/shoot what feels good to them.   I'm a Glock Armorer, and you should see the surprise on people's faces when I suggest they try something non-Glock! :-)

Its the same one I get when I tell people Glock makes a great gun but i would never own one
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I think any one who doughts Glocks just needs to read the Glock abuse thread where they were throwing a Glock out of an airplane, shooing it full of mud, cutting all the springs in it......and it always worked.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#19]

that I cannot hit the broad side of a barn with, from inside the barn

Practice, practice, practice.

Does every gun you own feel perfect the day you pick it up?  Good example I can think of are like Danner boots or other tough boots, you put them on and they dont fit right, but you know how high quality and extremely durable they are you tough it out a week or two and they just start fitting right. Some things are worth the work right?  Shoot enough with the Glock and you will fall deeply in love.  Give it time, the G19 is a perfect Glock to start out with.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Ok, so you are saying that pointability and ease of controls isn't an issue?

I shall say again:

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#23]

this is a weapon that your life or loved ones may depend on.  

And this is my point 100%

Are you saying you buy a gun for your loved ones and don't teach them how to use it??
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I shall say again:

Dude, we are not talking about putting the toilet seat down here

You had to practice to do that?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#26]

if I do buy a glock, it will be just so I can bring it up there and throw it at you

I am always open to have Glocks thrown at me.  Loaded or unloaded.....they have safties from AD you know too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#28]
The grip angle is a Euroweenie thing. I have fired small bore pistol and most if not all of the euroguns have that extreme angle. It comes from the target world. Pic up and high end target gun and your will find the same. It does not automatically mean its the best choice for a combat gun. And dont dare bring the number of leos carrying a glock into this as most of them have little to know time behind a gun prior to joining so they no no better. On that note, it really is, funtionality wise, a perfect LEO gun.

As far as practicing more to make it natural, why? If you have a gun that fits and you are comfortable with, then run with it. I have purchased 3 glocks, count them three, in efforts to train myself to get used to them as they are a good gun. Each time I could not overcome the grip angle. I refuse to retrain mysefs on one platform that does not cross with others that I prefer.  IMO 1911s are the most natural fit for any handgun I have found.

I am not bashing Glocks, great gun. But even with mucho training they are not the gun for eveyone.
CH
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#29]
And once again, your opinion, while valued, can not be included due to your lack of apendages.  If I didn't have any feet I could not coment on the comfert of NIKE shocks shoes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And once again, your opinion, while valued, can not be included due to your lack of apendages.  If I didn't have any feet I could not coment on the comfert of NIKE shocks shoes.

You are right, although you can rely on your feet to get you away from danger, I would rather throw a glock at a zombie than throw my nikes at the same zombie.

And WTF are you to tell someone else that thier opinion is not to be included on a open forum???

Did you marry Ed Sr by any chance over the weekend?

You gotta remember, we'll never be on the same playing field as those from the "westside"....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#32]

And WTF are you to tell someone else that thier opinion is not to be included on a open forum???

I'm joking around, get a splinter in your plaid boxers from humping a tree earlier?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Ahhhh things are right once again in the universe.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#35]

yes it is.........
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#36]
<---  gets popcorn.

Mark.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Got three Glocks.  Slap on a Hogue grip and they fit my hands perfectly.

Shit, now I gotta go shooting for some of that sweet 3rd Gen Glock 17L action!

Funny thing, Both pairs of Danners I have fit great right out of the box!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#38]
I was laughing too, because I'm wearing Danners, and I own a Glock...........
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah blah blah......

CH

Same for me, makes me shoot way to low.

Beside we all know that SIGs rule and all the rest drool.

And CH you really should get rid of that antiquaded 1911 and step up to a P220.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

<--------- Double-H boots and Colt 45.

What can I say, I AM, a redneck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Me too...  

I went from a 1911 to a glock.  I took to the Glock like a duck to water...  I dont really have any issues with switching from one grip angle to another.  Just line da sights up and squeeeeeeezzze....

Now I own another 1911 and love shooting both..  I'm currently looking to get a G35.  I may have to sell some stuff to get it though...  

Mark.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blah blah blah......

CH

Same for me, makes me shoot way to low.

Beside we all know that SIGs rule and all the rest drool.

And CH you really should get rid of that antiquaded 1911 and step up to a P220.

Considered a 220st but that fuggin thing wieghs a ton!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Considered a 220st but that fuggin thing wieghs a ton

Sounds like you need something made from a spaceage, proven polymer.

May I suggest this:

Great Handgun
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

May I suggest this:

Great Handgun

Your right that is a great gun! See for yourself!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#45]
 I'm surprised that no one mentioned the XD. I compared the Glock and the XD. in 40 S&W side by side. the XD fit my hand better. I've shooting it for about 3 yrs. now never had a malfunction and Thats with over 3k rounds through it.

My 0.2 worth.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

May I suggest this:

Great Handgun

I fixed your link.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

May I suggest this:

Great Handgun

I fixed your link.

Well my next new handgun just may be a tactical....or a cz52
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Well my next new handgun just may be a tactical....or a cz52

I'm holding out as well for a Tactical HK45 (the new one with a staggered mag) if they ever release it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#49]

You think you guys have problems, I just got an email from a friend that got a new handgun and invited me to go shooting. He got a Zx3 Pistol.  I had to do an Google search to see what it is. I was thinking it was some sort of eastern european commie pistol, but learned worse. Now that I know, I'm just not ready to answer that email yet. I don’t have anything nice to say.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#50]
As you all know I am new to the gun world. Been around it for years but I don't know a whole lot about it ecpet for what WS4LIF has taught me. But I am going to have to say I asked WS4LIF to build me an AR because I am extremely comfortable shooting it and it feels good. Now I just need to work on my accuracy. I would also like to find a handgun and I will choose that based on the same criteria. I think your gun should be comfortable nd the only thing you shoudl have to practice on would be your accuracy. You shouldn't have to run through a mental road block every time you get ready to pull the trigger because the thing doesn't fit right in your hand (as Peta was saying). WS4LIF I know where you were coming from with your opinion but I do not agree with you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top