Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 8:14:26 PM EDT
So I spent a few posts slamming Kershaw knifes during the factory sale, as I have always carried benchmades. Well folks today, I broke down and bought a couple kershaw blades at the show. I had picked up a few as gifts, got to playing with one and since I have misplaced my faithful companion of many years, thought I would give them a spin. I Really was looking for a good and found only one I liked. Trouble is I didnt like how it opened. Being left handed the button just didnt come to my finger fast enough. The spring assist on the kershaws is actually impressive and after about an hour of playing with the ones I had purchased as gifts, I was convinced it was a good system. Now about that sword NoAim is packing.....That has to go!

The bottom one I will use, the shiny one, well I am still trying to figure out why I picked that one up

Flame all you want but until I either find my normal carry knife or find another that I like as much as my usual carry knife, this one will have to do...

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my wife one of the shiny ones...  very non-tactical.  Like her surefire.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I got my wife one of the shiny ones...  very non-tactical.  Like her surefire.

Yea maybe if you use it with your light you can get a reflection off the side and double the lumens
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
the shiny rainbow stuff is Titanium Nitrate It adds a hardend shell to the blade... even if it does end up looking like a Gay Pride knife...

Welcome To the Darkside Cape... now maybie we can get you to buy an AK...

if i where you i would deffently of bought a Leek weach you did.. mainly becuse the normal thumb style opening would be a bit diffcult for you

but then you could of always just swaped the thumb knob to the other side...

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the shiny rainbow stuff is Titanium Nitrate It adds a hardend shell to the blade... even if it does end up looking like a Gay Pride knife...

Welcome To the Darkside Jason... now maybie we can get you to buy an AK...

if i where you i would deffently of bought a Leek weach you did.. mainly becuse the normal thumb style opening would be a bit diffcult for you

but then you could of always just swaped the thumb knob to the other side...

[yoda]Temporary my absence is, from Benchmade. Replaced by Kershaw my carry knife will not be. Tempted by that, which is AK I will never be.[/yoda]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
NERD
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The Sword...

Now I could always carry my Ka-Bar too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
NERD

Pot....kettle. Ring a bell?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]
As a tactical knife, I love my Kershaw.

The assisted opening feature and a blade which stays sharp as hell - oh, and can't beat the price.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine (not including the kitchen knives):

The Blurs (Regular, Serrated, Tactical) - 3.75"

The Scallion - 2.25"

The Outcast (i.e. "The Sword") - 10"

The Chive (i.e. "Gay Pride") - 2"

The Chive (i.e. "Not-so-Gay Pride") - 2"

The Utility Knife

I love factory sales.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NERD

Pot....kettle. Ring a bell?

Yeah but i had to poke fun a bit
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe I should bring out my other "big blade"?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dont make me break out a pic of my knife collection....

I double DOG DARE YA!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not a blade snob. I actually liked a little cheap "Buck" I had. Then I lost it. So I ended up buying one of those little gay Chives at my favorite fun store. One day I was browsing Liquidation World and they had some CRKTs pretty cheap. Now  I just carry that. So far so good. Blade seems to hold up pretty well for a cheapie.

That little crappy Buck can be seen here (prior to the knob falling off):
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I double DOG DARE YA!

This is minus my latest buys, any multi-tools, the sog I got from Pribz and a handful of other misc ones scattered throughout the house, cars and garage.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:10:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn theres some nice stuff in there... most of mine are eather cheap or extreamly well used... and then theres the 5 doller swords....

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Hay Cape, I just picked up a few new SOGs. A NW Ranger and a Navy Seal. I am definitaly going to be ready for the knife check at the next PR. HAHA
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hay Cape, I just picked up a few new SOGs. A NW Ranger and a Navy Seal. I am definitaly going to be ready for the knife check at the next PR. HAHA

Sweat!

I have been lusting after the ssd99. Oh man... that is a great knife!
CH
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Well the Kershaw days are over for now. I found my blade of many years safe and sound at the shop.

I will miss the spring assist though!
C
H
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well the Kershaw days are over for now. I found my blade of many years safe and sound at the shop.

I will miss the spring assist though!
C
H

I'll buy your Kershaw for $10!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I double DOG DARE YA!

This is minus my latest buys, any multi-tools, the sog I got from Pribz and a handful of other misc ones scattered throughout the house, cars and garage.

w3.gorge.net/jasong/pictures/blades.jpg

When the Rome falls, I'm headin over to Capes and we will single handedly kNIFE fight our way to a new government....Chuck Norris is most likely be joining us.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top