Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:06:41 PM EDT
So I'm trying to figure out how to make my way to Klamath Falls for Christmas, and don't have many ideas.  Amtrak seems to be pretty sold out, and I'd prefer to avoid Greyhound as much as possible (though if it comes down to it, that's what I'll have to do).

Anyways, just in case I can work something out, I figured I'd try to bum rides part of the way down.  Is there anyone headed in that general direction around Christmas time, that I could hitch-hike with?  I live on Ft. Lewis, and any steps along the way to K-Falls are better than taking those same bits by Greyhound.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It was brought to my attention some boundry dates could be useful ... I can sign out on leave as early as the 20th, and need to be back the by the end of the day on the 28th.  But I'm quite willing to leave closer to Christmas and to return sooner, if necessary.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can get to Portland during the week between 5-7 PM I will haul your ass down as far as Eugene.

It would be in my pickup so make sure your luggage is waterproofed or that the contents are not adversely affected by adverse conditions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that's a nice offer JAFO!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd be happy to help with transport.  How far north are you?

hang on Ft Lewis?  Let me do some checking.  I have to meet a client with his dog on the 23rd.  I'll see if we can 'kill two birds with one stone"
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Do we get to eat the birds after we kill them?  I hear even small birds make tasty morsels!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do we get to eat the birds after we kill them?  I hear even small birds make tasty morsels!

hang on, we're going bird hunting?  Kewl!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what suppressed .22's are for....that and the neighbor's loud-ass cat.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what suppressed .22's are for....that and the neighbor's loud-ass cat.

Crap I must not have gotten the memo on the suppressed .22!  CAPE HUNTER??  Geese Louise.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Where are we here?

I was just thinking I have some frequent flyer miles I might have enough for you to fly down south.  I would have to check how much was needed but I think I have enough.  Its no sweat off my brow.  I owe like $200 bucks on that credit card and will close it when its paid off next month.  There isn't enough to fly anywhere serious for me and the kidlets so I'd be happy to share them with you.

WE'll have to pull this off quickly though as I have a good portion of my time blocked off soon.

Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top