Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 10:06:47 AM EDT
Did you guys pick up all the great deals? If so what did you get?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You missed all the good deals. Sorry you weren't there and had to WORK instead. I don't think there'll be anything left by the time you get out there.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
BIZACH whats the price of 762? still stuped high?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of ammo this time, except for 5,45 which is still MIA. Prices are still high and that's probably why you can still get it.  Demand is now limited to those that can afford it. The rest of us have switched to .22LR for the time being.

There were more Vector HK clones in one place than I've ever seen before. They must have done a huge run of V53 and pistols (not sure what model they are). There were a couple of FNC rifles like Al Pacino used, one in semi and one FA. One vendor had several DPMS .308 rifles that looked like M-4s until I did a double take. Nice to see those under $1000.

Lots of AKs, but the majority were the Eubanks trash flooding the market right now. One vendor told me some of the new AKs are getting US made trigger groups that are not heat treated so last no more than 2000 rounds before they are worn out (not sure what brand he meant) and are refusing warranty service on the . One vendor had several SAR-1’s for $550-600!  He had a sign saying they are the best in the world and no more can be imported, ever.

I bought a book on the Afghanistan war and some ammo. Nothing else grabbed my interest. I spent more time talking to Nox, NoAim and Tracker than looking at tables. Cape scared the shit out of me while I was looking down at tables only to look up and see him there inches away just as he shouts out my name at the top of his lungs. I thought he must be glad to see me or about to kill me, but it turns out I just reminded him that he had stood up other Arfcomers out front so he ran off to meet them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just reminded him that he had stood up other Arfcomers out front so he ran off to meet them.

I was just happy to see ya!!! But your right. I was swamped when Noaim called and then I see you and thought OHHH shit! At that moment the phone rang.... "WTF DUDE?"

Anyway, happy holidays to you guys and anyone coming in tomorrow say hi!

CH

TF, you want to hit the 100 + range new years weekend? Might be able to sneak away.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I got some new shooting gloves.. Woot!. but i got that at sportsman's warehouse. I did check out this Bushy CARBON-15 and was wondering if anyone ever heard anything bad or good about it?. It is really freaking light.. Without Mag that weighed (to me) like 3 LBS. i was like HOLY SHIT!. not a bad price but it is carbon fiber upper and lower. wondering if i can swap uppers like normal or did they do something weird like M16 and have smaller front pin or something.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

CH

TF, you want to hit the 100 + range new years weekend? Might be able to sneak away.

Ok, so when I head into the show tomorrow I'm not going to ask every person I see if they are an arfcommer.

I take it you work a table there? Do you have any banner or anything with a shop name or something? Anyone else have a table I'll be able to recognize as an arfcom frequenter?

If anyone sees me say hello. I'm a fat dude with a goatee.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I went today.  bumped into a few other of you guys.

Wasn't looking for anything in particular.  I still want a Sig 220 just to have and maybe a smoking deal on an M1 carbine.  I didn't find either.

Got 3K Winchester Q3131...  @ $180/1K and a flashlight.  Fucking 5.56 ain't getting any cheaper.

There is/was a norinco SKS Paratrooper (takes AK mags) for $199 that I thought about getting.  I 'm busy tomorrow so I probably won't go back and get it.  Someone buy it for me and I'll get it from you! My wife will never know...    I meant to buy it but after we lugged the 3K of ammo to the car the wife didn't want to go back in.

Quoted:
I got some new shooting gloves.. Woot!. but i got that at sportsman's warehouse. I did check out this Bushy CARBON-15 and was wondering if anyone ever heard anything bad or good about it?. It is really freaking light.. Without Mag that weighed (to me) like 3 LBS. i was like HOLY SHIT!. not a bad price but it is carbon fiber upper and lower. wondering if i can swap uppers like normal or did they do something weird like M16 and have smaller front pin or something.

Gun - never heard anything good about them.  LOL.  the old Pro Ord ones sucked!!  supposedly Bushmaster improved the reliability...  I still don't trust them.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up 1K .223 and something else, Oh ya, a new machinegun, Norrell 10/22. Kickass! always wanted one, good show just for that. Eric
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...I still want a Sig 220 just to have...

Incoming E-Mail.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Picked up 1K .223 and something else, Oh ya, a new machinegun, Norrell 10/22. Kickass! always wanted one, good show just for that. Eric

AAAHHH i've always wanted one of thouse... i figure that if i had a FA in 22LR i wouldent feel bad when i do a 1K dump out of it...

how much did you get it for and can i shoot a brick or two out of it :-D
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

Ok, so when I head into the show tomorrow I'm not going to ask every person I see if they are an arfcommer.

I take it you work a table there? Do you have any banner or anything with a shop name or something? Anyone else have a table I'll be able to recognize as an arfcom frequenter?

If anyone sees me say hello. I'm a fat dude with a goatee.

Cool. We are right next to the guy with all the night vision and lasers. Glass cases around the endcap. Red table covers. The lady that sells the 10/22 gear is right accross on the opisite endcap. In the front door, turn to your 130. 100 yards
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#12]
You can't miss Cape he'll have on a red beret. and it's 102 yards.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You can't miss Cape he'll have on a red beret. and it's 102 yards.

LOL!

I picked up a Kydex sheath for my K-BAR.
Picked up a case of shotgun slugs.
Cleaned out the rest of the Wolf 7.62x39 copper jacket.
Picked up some 7.5mm Swiss for a gun I don't own.
Picked up some "self-defense" .40S&W
Picked up some 7.62x54R ammo
FInally got my AR grip screw.

Got a sweet deal on a 4 cell (12V) rifle light at 200 lumens. The 300 lumens bulb (with 45-50 min running time) will be coming end of Jan. Remote switch came with it.

My cool puchase for the day:

1943 Izhevsk factory production Mosin-Nagant M38 carbine with all matching numbers, original M38 laminate stock (not M44) and a super clean bore. Russian rearsenaled and counter-bored, but needs a clean-up. Not a spot of rust or any major damage. Stock is all together with nothing more than a few light dents that will easily be swelled/removed.

A REAL "commie" gun. Even has the badge to prove it!

Then as I'm walking around, 3 people asked me if I wanted to sell it. One of them, the guy who sells the CETMEs and K-31s, sold me an original double mag pouch, tool kit, and sling.

The only things wrong are it's missing the cleaning rod, and the stock needs refinishing. I might just try to buff it up first.

SCORE!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Cheeesey... I just checked and the Uppers and lowers are different from regular AR's.. So i guess no money to Bushmaster for that Carbon 15. But it's light. I'm gonna just get my POF and order my lower.. hell might do both through POF because i like there HK style lower control markings.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Who had the Norrell? I was there early on Fri and it might not have been outyet. I was kind of eyeballing the HK sear Tom had. It was a litle high for a nekkid sear. The Uzi was nice too, but a little high too. The Macs were a good price though. I fondled one of the Vector HK94s in 10mm, very nice. I have to save for that Thompson. Picked up 3 cases of SA 7.62 for my M14 and a carbine gas tube for my XM177 clone.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So does that mean that the one the USPS returned to me on Friday with the little yellow sticker on it does not need to go back up there?

Nope. WTH did they return it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope. WTH did they return it?

Little yellow sticker on it says"odd shaped/rigid items not acceptable in letter style envelopes"

Return to sender.  

I'll bring it up for ya at the PR match then, or if you want I'll ship it ups IN A BOX.

Honestly, I don't need it now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#21]
the only cool thing I picked up, was a set of laser grips for 1911's
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I went back to the show today to pick this up.  I was very stoked to have found this Buckmark Field 5.5 .22L already threaded, and ready for my .22L can.  I will most likely refinish the barrel & thread protector to have them match, but it looks good enough for me right now.  

Good to see some other Arfcom/PR guys & Cape again today.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The current plan is to shoot Speed Steel on Sunday Jan 1st at 9am.  Other than that it is still an open weekend. I was kinda hoping to do better if more of the regulars were hung over  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
the only cool thing I picked up, was a set of laser grips for 1911's

That is so ghey...

U non-workin' bastage!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Wish I know what Cape looks like.  Shit, I mighta talked to him today.  What table was he at?

The rundown:

A takedown pin and detent pin and spring for my buddy's AR.
A 20 rnd mag for my Feather .22.  ($44 but I thought "why not")
Some Elk and Buffalo jerky (ate it on the way home when I was stuck in traffic) Yummy!
12 Ga flamethrower shells

Saw some AR pistols (Bushy and Oly)
Saw a bunch of AK stuff, including a pistol (dad would kill me if I bought an AK)
Ruger AC-556 for $5500 (was interested until I found I can get an FNC for only a bit more)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Wish I know what Cape looks like.  Shit, I mighta talked to him today.  What table was he at?

Same here. I don't even remember what you look like. It takes a few meetups for me to remember any faces.

I didn't roll in until 2:30-3:00 PM so a lot of tables were already cleared off. I didn't find what I was looking for so like always I found some things I didn't need. Got a couple 1911 mags, a couple 9mm Colt AR mags, and a Ruger MKII mag.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I don't even remember what you look like.

You don't want to. It will give you nightmares!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here. I don't even remember what you look like. It takes a few meetups for me to remember any faces.

I didn't roll in until 2:30-3:00 PM so a lot of tables were already cleared off. I didn't find what I was looking for so like always I found some things I didn't need. Got a couple 1911 mags, a couple 9mm Colt AR mags, and a Ruger MKII mag.

We should set up an ARFcom table.  Advertise the site, sell our crap, buy new crap.  Good idea huh?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We should set up an ARFcom table.  Advertise the site, sell our crap, buy new crap.  Good idea huh?

I have thought about that. Have to run it by the powers be but should fly.

Sorry to those that came late. We pulled out at arounf 1330 and got just ahead of hte waether. It was just starting ot suck whe nwe hit marine drive on our run back up the gorge. By the time we hit HR it was snowing to beat hell and traffic had slowed to 15-25mph. We were the lucky ones.

Home now with 3-5" if fresh snow, fire in the woodstove, and baileys in my coffee! Have a good night all.... I have one more post to go then its chill time.
CH
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#30]
One more thing....It was nice seeing all the usual suspects as well as this crazy bald guy screaming around the corner pushing a baby stroller with a kid sitting on a case of ammo holding on for dear life... Almost brings a tear to my eye! Father son bonding at its best!

Night all!
CH
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, that was a short stack,remember the last show? And another thing it's PSYCHO not crazy , check Websters  to see the difference . Oh ya nice red beret.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hey, that was a short stack,remember the last show? And another thing it's PSYCHO not crazy , check Websters  to see the difference . Oh ya nice red beret.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top