Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 1:08:37 PM EDT
I just moved up to the Canby area and noticed there is a gunshow this weekend at the Clackamas fair grounds? Is this show any good? Anyone going?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been to it before. If you want to pick up a little bit of ammo, then the 5$ admission is worth it. Other than that, save your money unless you're just bored and looking for something to do..

It's very tiny and quiet. But  no parking fee and 5$ admission.

I went to highschool in canby, but I'm down in corvallis for college.

have you gone shooting anywhere yet? I've been there for many many years and have yet to find a decent local place to shoot around canby.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I haven't been shooting yet. My girlfriend's parents have some land so I could shot there if I wanted. I think I'm just going to go join TCGC and pay to shoot.

The only reason I'm making it to the show is because Miwall Corp will be there and they tend to have some phenomenal deals on ammo.

Can you recommend a decent gunsmith in the area, I've got a remington 700 that needs some work.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
While I like TCGC, Douglas Ridge also looks appealing. You might want to check them out as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not familiar with Douglas Ridge, how far from the Canby area is it?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just moved up to the Canby area and noticed there is a gunshow this weekend at the Clackamas fair grounds? Is this show any good? Anyone going?

right on! i live in canby too, damn its a small town but i love it here!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
www.douglasridge.org/

It's in Boring off Hwy. 224.

So, it's about 25 miles.

TCGC is 14.6 miles.

Ooops, I forgot where Canby was (I was thinking out towards Estacada.

Still, take your pick.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:37:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Goodluck getting into the Canby Gun Club... you'll be on about a 10 year waiting list.

Douglass Ridge is the way to go. Prolly 40 minutes from Canby though, which is a bummer, but it's a nice place.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't shot at Douglas Ridge, just went there to see about membership, but TCGC looks to have nicer facilities. Douglas ridge has a 100yd range and allows 50BMG which TCGC does not. When I get a good long-rang set-up I'll be joining DR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
So the things TCGC doesn't have:

- Full caliber indoor pistol range (but it's damn near covered anyway). This won't let you shoot past sunset with the pistol.
- 1000 yd. range (it has a 600 yd range, which is DAMN long)
- .50 BMG (well...okay).

Otherwise, I'm down there using the 100, 200-300 yd. and pistol range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top