BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 7:00:33 PM EDT
 My new 36 Barrel Toy.

14 meg video.

I'll be bringing this to the shoot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I was reading about this in one of my Popular Science issues. Basically they do away with all mechanical parts to increase the effective rate of fire. Each charge is electronically ignited. Each "barrel" has multiple cartridgdes stacked on top of each other. In this case, each barrel has 5 cartridges stuck down inside.

It's a neat idea. Especially for the Navy and Army guarding against cruise missiles and such. Basically put up, literally, a wall of lead to perforate anything in range.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was reading about this in one of my Popular Science issues. Basically they do away with all mechanical parts to increase the effective rate of fire. Each charge is electronically ignited. Each "barrel" has multiple cartridgdes stacked on top of each other. In this case, each barrel has 5 cartridges stuck down inside.

It's a neat idea. Especially for the Navy and Army guarding against cruise missiles and such. Basically put up, literally, a wall of lead to perforate anything in range.

I would rather see it used to breech walls!

I'll take the Phalanx. Seen a video of one engaging a ship busting missle and it was amazing. No peice of that missle was left or made it within a couple miles of that ship. "Buuuuuurp" Thats all it took.

What we should be using it for is crowd control at the next hippy protest.
CH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top