Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 6:48:17 PM EDT
I've been trying to identify this thing for about a week......just about given up on the 'net.
As far as I can tell, it's a Steelcraft from the late 20's or early 30's.....but that's as far as I've got.
Any of you guys have any books or know someone who might be able to tell me what I got?
Thanks, Boo
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can we bring that car to the shoot?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]

NO!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I see your truck....weak and raise you a toy lumber mover/thingy...

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I see your truck....weak and raise you a toy lumber mover/thingy...

w3.gorge.net/jasong/pictures/toy.jpg

Its called a straddle buggy dumbass!

Probably a 30's era or possibley later.  I'm not sure when Hyster was "offically" formed.

Cool toys.  Unka, I'm gonna copy your pic and email it to a friend.  He's BIG into collecting old toy trucks and tractors and stuff.  Maybe he'll be able to ID it for ya.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok Cape.........game on......

I'll see your loader with this..

And raise you with this......

Don't make me break out the Hotwheels and Wix cars.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Peta......

Thanks for any help! I just haven't been able to find a tow truck exactly like the one I have. All of the ones I've seen have a standard cab, where mine has the extra window....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
[folds]

Hey Peta,

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
HA HA !!!  My toy-fu is great!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
HA HA !!!  My toy-fu is great!  

Yep, and vegatarians love it!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]
CH, I'm feelin the love!

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Unka-Boo,

Nice toys.  I think you are on the right track with the Steelcraft.  But...it might also be early Buddy L.  You might try checking out these sites:

http://www.buddyltrucks.com/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/oldtoytrucks/

http://www.geocities.com/high_end_toys/

Sorry...stilla newb here and not sure how to insert a link.  I used to collect a few toys for my son when he was growing up...still do a few...but he doesn't seem to be much into them yet.  So I've put them aside.

Hotwheels?  We've got a few thousand.  Yep...THOUSAND.  Almost a complete set of the original 16 REDLINES, some still in packaging.  Those are locked up in safety deposit.  Other than that, they range from the later 70's to present.  The newer ones don't excite me much anymore since they've gotten a bit carried away.  Still a traditionalist I guess.  Anyway, I hope those sites help out a little, if you know anyone who wants some Hotwheels, say so.  I think we may just be getting ready to clear some attic space.  Who knows maybe trade towards some other toys...AR or AK types
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Geez......I just have a measly 300 Hotwheels.........

I do have a friend who collects, so if and when you're ready to part with some, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

I do have all of the Wix filter series of cars though.....those I just started to collect by accident because we carry Wix products at work...10 years later it keeps growing .....and of course I've had to add others along the way...think I have 40 or so of the same scale cars...it's far worse than my affliction for firearms.

Thanks for the links.......neat stuff on that buddy L site!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds good.  I might have to take you up on that.  We are finally going to catalog all that we have in the collection, put it into a spreadsheet so that we'll have an inventory.  So it might take a little bit.

Heck right now, I might even consider trade towards a little help putting a flat top upper on my Bushy hinking.gif  Wife bought me the Bushy for an X'mas gift, but picked out an A2 carbine.  Hey...I'm not going to complain too much about that.  But I would have loved to have the flat top.

We just moved into a newer house and are still unpacking.  So I don't even have a workbench yet for my vise.  Probably not too bad of a problem yet, as I don't even have the tools necessary to swap the receiver h.gif  One of these days I'll have to give the whole "do it yourself" bit a try and build me one up from parts.  

In the meantime, if I spot anything else on your toys there I'll be sure to let you know.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#14]
And I thought my little toy hyster was cool

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Need a hankie?

I'd rather look at the old mill rolling stock and or logging equipment anyways......
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
And I thought my little toy hyster was coolhr

Hey man that is cool.  I only wish I would have held onto something from my childhood to pass along to my son and his future kids.  

After finding out that I used to collect and sometimes do the toy shows, a few of the guys I worked with asked me if I could find out how much/or sell some of their old toys they've held onto.

Surprising what you'll find.  Heck a few still had the original boxes the toys came inhock.gif  Dang, I couldn't get them out of the packaging fast enough.

If we had held onto a few of our childhood treasures...we'd be rubbing elbows with 'ol Bill Gates right now.  Some of those childhood memories are worth a small fortune.  

Kinda humbling now when you find out how much money you blew up with firecrackers or shot up with BB-guns.

Good thing we've all outgrown that stage
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Kinda humbling now when you find out how much money you blew up with firecrackers TANNERITE or shot up with BB-guns EVIL BLACK RIFLES.

Outgrown????    HELL NO!  We've just gotten alot more creative with what we blow em up with and how we blow em up.

Speaking of toys....maybe you are on to something for the shoot on the 23rd.  Might have to take a trip down to the Salvation Army and see what I can dig up...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Ya............thanks for reminding me about all the Star Wars toys I destroyed playing "war" with my G.I. Joes.............
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda humbling now when you find out how much money you blew up with firecrackers TANNERITE or shot up with BB-guns EVIL BLACK RIFLES.

Outgrown????  HELL
Speaking of toys....maybe you are on to something for the shoot on the 23rd.  Might have to take a trip down to the Salvation Army and see what I can dig up...hr

Exactly what I was thinking when I typed that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey man that is cool.  I only wish I would have held onto something from my childhood to pass along to my son and his future kids.  

After finding out that I used to collect and sometimes do the toy shows, a few of the guys I worked with asked me if I could find out how much/or sell some of their old toys they've held onto.

Surprising what you'll find.  Heck a few still had the original boxes the toys came in  Dang, I couldn't get them out of the packaging fast enough.

If we had held onto a few of our childhood treasures...we'd be rubbing elbows with 'ol Bill Gates right now.  Some of those childhood memories are worth a small fortune.  

Kinda humbling now when you find out how much money you blew up with firecrackers or shot up with BB-guns.

Oh the star wars figures I killed that very way!

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ya............thanks for reminding me about all the Star Wars toys I destroyed playing "war" with my G.I. Joes.............hr

I tried to save them for last.  When you grew up with 3 older sisters, there was always an abundance of Ken dolls or whoever Barbie's boyfriend was, laying around that always happened to be in the line of fire hug.gif Ooops...collateral damage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top