Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 3:02:20 PM EDT
My understanding is that the practical shooters got in to some sort of a pissing match with the Rod and Gun Club so the Rod and Gun club locked them out of the practical ranges - what is the skinny?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT ??
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My understanding is that the practical shooters got in to some sort of a pissing match with the Rod and Gun Club so the Rod and Gun club locked them out of the practical ranges - what is the skinny?

Shhhhhhhh! We dont need rumors like that spreading up north [loading mags for next PR match].

Hope its not true.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It would not surprise me at all.  That club is filled with more mangina toting retiree's with nothing to do but bitch and cause problems.  That is the reason why I quit having anything to do with that club a long time ago.  

My guess, if it was a pissing match it stemmed from thier gate and the clubs policy to only leave it open to "non-members" on the first weekend of the month.  That is why I quit.  I built the trap range with NRA grant money, signed my name on all of the grants right below the paragraph where it was stated it would be open to the public and used for education purposes as well.  

Then they put up this $25,000 gate, closed it to the general public and told me they were going to drop the shotgun portion of the Hunter's Ed out of the program.

I do not miss that place one bit.

ETA:  I just checked and thier web-site is down now.  POS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sure wish someone else had a good place to shoot w/o all the politics and the cry babies.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would not surprise me at all.  That club is filled with more mangina toting retiree's with nothing to do but bitch and cause problems.  That is the reason why I quit having anything to do with that club a long time ago.  

My guess, if it was a pissing match it stemmed from thier gate and the clubs policy to only leave it open to "non-members" on the first weekend of the month.  That is why I quit.  I built the trap range with NRA grant money, signed my name on all of the grants right below the paragraph where it was stated it would be open to the public and used for education purposes as well.  

Then they put up this $25,000 gate, closed it to the general public and told me they were going to drop the shotgun portion of the Hunter's Ed out of the program.

I do not miss that place one bit.

That seems to be par for most ranges these days.
By chance did you contact the NRA and tell them the above? I would be curious to hear their take on it.
CH
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

By chance did you contact the NRA and tell them the above? I would be curious to hear their take on it.
CH

No I didnt, not too sure that I wanted to get the ball rolling on that or not.  At  the time I was on the board for the club, so as an officer I could have been held liable but not now.  I'm not sure I want to be responisble for the NRA taking back the $20,000 worth of traps or not and shutting down that portion of the club.

Oh well, I just snicker every time I drive by them.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Face n the crowd, if you want the guys phone numer that is responsible for that portion of the club Im me and I'll give it to you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CH

No I didnt, not too sure that I wanted to get the ball rolling on that or not.  At  the time I was on the board for the club, so as an officer I could have been held liable but not now.  I'm not sure I want to be responisble for the NRA taking back the $20,000 worth of traps or not and shutting down that portion of the club.

Oh well, I just snicker every time I drive by them.  

True, however the club taking that NRA for the 20,000 is not cool and they should be put on the spot for it. IMHO anyway. That kind of shit leads to the NRA not funding clubs and orgs that could really use it.

Personally I would not give it a second thought, even if the club was shut down. The board and club members alike that support that kind of decision caould also kiss my ass. And the members that didnt know about that requirment in the grant should have then and now be informed of it.
ok done ranting...sorry I just dont like that dishonest kind if shit.

CH

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

True, however the club taking that NRA for the 20,000 is not cool and they should be put on the spot for it. IMHO anyway. That kind of shit leads to the NRA not funding clubs and orgs that could really use it.

Personally I would not give it a second thought, even if the club was shut down. The board and club members alike that support that kind of decision caould also kiss my ass. And the members that didnt know about that requirment in the grant should have then and now be informed of it.
ok done ranting...sorry I just dont like that dishonest kind if shit.

CH

Trust me, I know.  I got so worked up over it, spent so much time in there and associated with it that things started to go south at home, let alone it all came to a head last buck season so it really didnt set me in a good frame of mind for the whole month of October.

I really honestley do not believe it is the club members.  Unfortunatley they are along for the ride with what the board decides.  The board on that club could use some new blood.  One individual has been there for 30 years and has to wear some range muffs with the volume turned up to the max to even hear what is going on.  The are still trying to run that club the way it was ran in the 70's and it wont work.  The other issue is the VP and one of the individuals on the advising committee.  I got so flipping pissed off one time and told them "it is the Roseburg Rod and gun club, not ____'s club and ____'s club so pull your head outta your ass and listen to the members".
Unfortunatley not many of the other board member's had enough balls to back me and stand up for it.  The board is there assembled of members to make decisions for the members.  Most of the folks on the board did not even participate in the disciplines that they were making decisions for, so how could they even know what was best for them?

It really pisses me off even thinking of that flipping place.  A club like that, with a great location, great ranges is a necessity, but trust me, if I ever win powerball I'm gonna open my own just with the intent of shutting that damn place down.

rant off.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
....., if I ever win powerball I'm gonna open my own just with the intent of shutting that damn place down.

rant off.

Id invest!
CH
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....., if I ever win powerball I'm gonna open my own just with the intent of shutting that damn place down.

rant off.

Id invest!
CH

Me too!!

I had no idea things were so bad at that club. I had been thinking of joining that place as I wanting to start doing some pratical shooting and start doing some trap and skeet shooting. BU tnot now, I won't touch that place at all. I read through some of thier policies when I was there this summer to watch a cowboy action shoot and man are they live in the 50's.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

rant off.

Id invest!
CH

Me too!!

I had no idea things were so bad at that club. I had been thinking of joining that place as I wanting to start doing some piratical shooting and start doing some trap and skeet shooting. BU TNT now, I won't touch that place at all. I read through some of their policies when I was there this summer to watch a cowboy action shoot and man are they live in the 50's.

Hey, have the NRA bust them for the20K then as the club goes under. Get a group of investors( other members) to buy the place and start a new club. Just a thought! Or maybe the threat of NRA intervention would get them to change there policies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too!!

I had no idea things were so bad at that club. I had been thinking of joining that place as I wanting to start doing some piratical shooting and start doing some trap and skeet shooting. BU TNT now, I won't touch that place at all. I read through some of their policies when I was there this summer to watch a cowboy action shoot and man are they live in the 50's.

Hey, have the NRA bust them for the20K then as the club goes under. Get a group of investors( other members) to buy the place and start a new club. Just a thought! Or maybe the threat of NRA intervention would get them to change there policies.

Wouldnt work, trust me.  There must be a loophole in the Grant becuase they leave it open the first weekend of the month to the "General Public".  First off, the club has 2 lawyers (I think) on the board and second, even if we did buy a collective ticket and won the powerball, you couldnt afford that piece of ground.  Third, if it was even rumored that that shithole club was going under the state or county would sweep in so fast and take that chunk of ground we wouldn't even know it.

For me, its a lost cause.  There are plenty of folks that are just as happy as could be with that club, they pay thier $75 a year.......shoot where they want to and dont get involved in the politics of the damn joint.  Me, I was too involved in re-building that trap club and guess I just took all the changes and rules being rammed down my throat too personal.  I do still revel in the memory of the look on everyone's faces when I told them I was resigning and they could take thier politics and bickering and use them for a verbal enema.

The second best part.....I got my re-new form this June.  I wrote a few thoughts on it, put my .37 on it and mailed it off.

Oh well.  There are plenty of other places to shoot around here too.  Jackson Co. in Merlin has a great range (500yds) and for Trap there is Myrtle Point sportsmans and Cottage Grove.

And now I hope you all are flippin Happy.  I just used 1K on a rant on the pisshole club here in Roseburg.

Damnit!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]
 Glad I don't shoot their!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top