Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 11:57:19 PM EDT
I just sent my app off today wondering how long it takes to get the gate combo and such. I haven't been out there for awhile has the range changed much. I heard they were working on a 1000 yard rifle range. Thanks in advance for any info.
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been a member of the Central Oregon Shooting Sports Assoc. off and on for the last 8 years.  If its been a few years since you have been a member you will see many changes, all for the better.  It even hosts National events now.

Grant monies for the 1000 yard range are expected any day now so work will commence very soon.  There is also a public range just past the west gate.  Its open 24 hours a day.  However, some a...holes like to shoot up the aminities(sp).

The monthy news letter will show all events and the combo.  You should have it within 3 weeks.

Hopefully, this will meet with your satifaction for a "first" post.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you guys talking about the range approx 20ish miles, from Bend, heading east on hiway 20? I was out there several years ago, and they did have a 1,000 yard range for members. Granted it was just a big target set in some brush up on the hill.

I was out there another time, maybe a year and a half ago when they were having some big compeitition. I met the host of American Shooter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be the one.  Its about 24 miles east of Bend though.

The "new" 1000 yard range will have a formal firing line with an overhead shelter and, I hope, butts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Kirt, thanks for the info. Do you shoot any of the competitive diciplines that they offer . I would like to try service rifle.
-sigadvantage
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope, I just develope/check my handloads and plink getting ready for varmints and game.  I did buildup a heavy 264 Winmag a couple years ago for 'yote hunting that I'd like to play with on the 1000 yard range, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top