Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 8:20:56 PM EDT
I had a friend that went up to go camping today and he said the road was close. Anyone else turned away from a day of shooting. I was thinking of going shooting Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a lot of stuff closed due to the fire season.  It's going to hit the bowhunters hard.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe that I have seen an earlier post that stated that the area was going to be closed this week for some work up at the pit or something. I believe that it's just for the week........ I hope.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I believe that I have seen an earlier post that stated that the area was going to be closed this week for some work up at the pit or something. I believe that it's just for the week........ I hope.

That post said from the 17th to the 23rd, but it's not unusual for it to be closed a few weeks at a time in the summer for mining.  I also heard the story about many forest roads being closed due to fire season.  I'll see what I can find out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I also went up to  shoot on saturday.  One of the rock crusher guys said they would be out on wendsday.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
TSF Roads

They are not listing any road closures in the TSF at this time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Well damn there goes the day of shooting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully its just the mining thing.  The whole state is on a level III if I remember right.  If you go after it opens just make sure you have a shovel, ax and a 2lb fire ext or water with you.  If you get caught out there right now w/o that on public lands you'll chance getting a nice ticket.

Oh, no smoking outside of your rig as well
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had a friend that went up to go camping today and he said the road was close. Anyone else turned away from a day of shooting. I was thinking of going shooting Sunday.

hey don't lie to us we all know you ain't got no friends.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey don't lie to us we all know you ain't got no friends.

Ok, so that would be I know a lot of A$$HOLES....Might you be one of them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hopefully its just the mining thing.  The whole state is on a level III if I remember right.  If you go after it opens just make sure you have a shovel, ax and a 2lb fire ext or water with you.  If you get caught out there right now w/o that on public lands you'll chance getting a nice ticket.

Now I've got to figure how to get a gallon of water and a shovel on my XR650L.  I was going to ride out tomorrow, but this may be a problem.

www.oregon.gov/ODF/FIRE/docs/closures2005/NWORegUse080105.pdf
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now I've got to figure how to get a gallon of water and a shovel on my XR650L.  I was going to ride out tomorrow, but this may be a problem.

The water wouldn't be a problem with a couple of camelbacks, but the shovel, with a 26" long handle?  If you do, make sure you post pics
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The water wouldn't be a problem with a couple of camelbacks, but the shovel, with a 26" long handle?  If you do, make sure you post pics

It took me long enough to figure out how to strap my Winchester on the side.

I was out there last year during fire season and the Forest Service did checks on everyone at the pit.  Those that didn't have the required water and shovel got one hell of a dressing down for it.  I was on my bike then and they didn't say anything to me, but I may not be so lucky again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top