Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:51:58 PM EDT
So I went to the Hillsboro gunshow today. I bought some ammo and looked at stuff and wandered aimlessly. Seems to me that the last show I was in Hillsboro was alot bigger than this one. Of course the last one I went to up there was...I dunno maybe 10-ish years ago. Kind of a sad state of affairs when one of the booths with the most hardware on display is an airsoft booth. I was surprised at how much wasn't there actually. The last show I went to was a few months back over here in McMinnville and though about the same size, I guess I was expecting more at Hillsboro. If any of you went, is this about the norm for the Spec. Ops. Skivvy shows anymore?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up some XM193 from Outdoormarksmen.com, they also took back 700+ rounds of that plactic cased ammo. Good people I tell ya'. I did not see any deals either.

Oh ya and the next batch of XM193 will cost even more from ODM. Buy if you can find it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I picked up some XM193 from Outdoormarksmen.com, they also took back 700+ rounds of that plactic cased ammo. Good people I tell ya'. I did not see any deals either.

Oh ya and the next batch of XM193 will cost even more from ODM. Buy if you can find it.

Plastic cased ammo?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
they also took back 700+ rounds of that plactic cased ammo. Good people I tell ya'.

SPLAIN PLEASE???

I assume your talking about the PCA spectrum ammo?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm about a mile away from the show and I don't even go anymore. Waste of money usually but I could say the same for the P-town show.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Plastic cased ammo?

www.natec-us.com/products.php

Supposed to be the "stuff" for lightweight rifles (shave a 1/3 pound from a fully loaded 30 round mag.). But they are having issues with it.

So ilike9s, why did you return it? I have heard about the neck separation with commerical loads.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
this hillsboro show was actually a lot better than the last one I went to.

only one bead sales table and one air-soft homo.  the rest of the people were actually selling guns, knives, and gun relted stuff.

that being said, it is still a small show.  but $5 and free parking 1/4 mile from the house was worth it.

I bought a 'pre-ban' Bushmaster for 675.00...  New project gun.    and a bunch of .38 and .357 for my new marlin lever gun.

almost bought a auto-ord M1 Carbine but didn't have the scratch after getting the bushie.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they also took back 700+ rounds of that plactic cased ammo. Good people I tell ya'.

SPLAIN PLEASE???

I assume your talking about the PCA spectrum ammo?

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Plastic cased ammo?

www.natec-us.com/products.php

Supposed to be the "stuff" for lightweight rifles (shave a 1/3 pound from a fully loaded 30 round mag.). But they are having issues with it.

So ilike9s, why did you return it? I have heard about the neck separation with commerical loads.

Bingo
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I bought a 'pre-ban' Bushmaster for 675.00...  New project gun.    and a bunch of .38 and .357 for my new marlin lever gun.

Ladies and Gentlemen - Doing his part to keep the economy strong... Gackman!

(let's go shooting)
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I did pick 1000 rounds of wolf .223 and they even had a 450 round tin of albanian 7.62 x 54 for $45 so I picked that up too. Now if I can just figure out how to *open* that tin...

I guess that's why albania never aprticipated much in any of the wars that took place in europe, their guys can't get the friggin' ammo outta the boxes
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I did pick 1000 rounds of wolf .223 and they even had a 450 round tin of albanian 7.62 x 54 for $45 so I picked that up too. Now if I can just figure out how to *open* that tin...

I guess that's why albania never aprticipated much in any of the wars that took place in europe, their guys can't get the friggin' ammo outta the boxes

It's basically a sardine can, right? Just use an old style can opener.

Be warned, a lot of that 7.62x54R is corrosive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, it was essentially the sardine can thingus but the problem was, I didn't have any old can openers. I didn't look closely at the tin when I bought it and assumed it came with one of those spam can keys and a little tab to start rolling. Nope. No key, no tab, and no ammo. Then I remembered my old swiss army knife and Maguyvered that baby open (in only about a half an hour) enough to get the ammo out. I figured on a fair chance it would be corrosive being as it was that cheap and from albania and the only markings on it were the mil batch numbers and whatnot. Ah well, that's what cleaning supplies and shooting buddies are for right?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]
As far as Hillsboro shows go this one was ok.  I do believe that the Expo center show should be ok, I was reminded that their best ones are just prior to hunting season.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As far as Hillsboro shows go this one was ok.  I do believe that the Expo center show should be ok, I was reminded that their best ones are just prior to hunting season.

Yep, generally one of hte two best shows of the year. The other being right before xmas.

CH
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Cape - I have to ask - how do we find your table at the Fun Show?  

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Cape - I have to ask - how do we find your table at the Fun Show?  

I think you've met him... at the show when you got the smoking' deal on the 1100 and my friend got the Glock 23.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top