Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 6:51:33 PM EDT
I got everything setup to host here. Opinions?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm more of a "Rouge Spear" kind of guy...  But I have dabbled with AA...  (Airbourne Ranger Special forces qualified) I'd be up to play some with ya'll...

Mark.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm more of a DC and BF2 guy, but I'll give it a whirl.

Dare I mention my Alter Ego..................

Avocado of Vengeance on Roughageriders.com

It's a funny story, but the short version is that it was a joke which  turned into something completely different. Just think, how would it feel to be taken out by someone named after a veggie or fruit?

Feel free to check it out and maybe join us on our TS server:
TEAMSPEAK: 216.32.86.20
PASSWORD: veggies

TS is free...... just Google for it. It is a voice over IP program which works extreamly well. Think of it as a high quality confrence call.

I'm normally on TS in the evenings. Ya know....... if enough people were into it, we could have a weekly Oregon - ARF.com BS session.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack!!!

Nox
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm more of a DC and BF2 guy, but I'll give it a whirl.

Dare I mention my Alter Ego..................

Avocado of Vengeance on Roughageriders.com

It's a funny story, but the short version is that it was a joke which  turned into something completely different. Just think, how would it feel to be taken out by someone named after a veggie or fruit?

Feel free to check it out and maybe join us on our TS server:
TEAMSPEAK: 216.32.86.20
PASSWORD: veggies

TS is free...... just Google for it. It is a voice over IP program which works extreamly well. Think of it as a high quality confrence call.

I'm normally on TS in the evenings. Ya know....... if enough people were into it, we could have a weekly Oregon - ARF.com BS session.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack!!!

Nox

I also a member of the "Roughage Riders" clan. Behold my name of power: "Cumquat of Pain".
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'll give BF2 a try.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Damnit.....................I've had it sitting on the desk for two weeks..........now I'll have to install it.
Check out the free demo 1st......it's pretty cool, but it'll help make up your mind before you blow $60. You'll need a fast card and LOTS of ram.......1 gig or better to run very smooth.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I am enjoying the single player part. Much easier to aim and hit with BF2 than America's Army.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that'd be a swell idea.  Both myself and kythri, along with his roomate are pretty avid AA'ers.  It'd be even better if you could make it offiicial then password protect it.

Anyways, two yeas for us.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think that'd be a swell idea.  Both myself and kythri, along with his roomate are pretty avid AA'ers.  It'd be even better if you could make it offiicial then password protect it.

Wonder if I need approval from God here to let me throw the name ARFCOM as a server name, and yes it would be passworded for us.

As for now it's called

"ARFCOM Test Server"
Running: SF Pipeline
Password: reflex
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
You know........ I completely forgot that there is a BF2 AR15 clan already. Have you seen this area of the forums?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=119

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder if I need approval from God here to let me throw the name ARFCOM as a server name, and yes it would be passworded for us.

As for now it's called

"ARFCOM Test Server"
Running: SF Pipeline
Password: reflex

SUHWEEEET!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Now we just need to coordinate a time to get some people together and kick some butt!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in!

Avid AA player here. Only like 51 honor, but I enjoy it.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
What what I think?  I say your a damn nerd!

LOL

.....actaully I was ranked 2nd on DOD for awhile back in the day on the biggest servers.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I checked out the server, and it's not an "Official" server, so we won't gain honor for playing, but still, if we could coordinate a group of us to play at a certain time, that would be kinda cool.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#15]
You know what would be fun.... Pistol fights. And yes, sorry not "Official" Guess it just works that way if I am running the server at home.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, not official is fine - it just means we won't gain honor.

One thing to check, also, is the following setting:

bRequireAuthorization

You might want to set it to "False"

If it's set to true, I believe it checks all users connecting, and since you're on an SF map, if set "True", you could only be SF if you had 15 honor points.

At least, I think that's the setting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top