Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:13:55 AM EDT
Anyone know of a place that can solder my power cord connection on a dell laptop?   It's coming looose from the MB.   Dell wants to sell me a new MB, ouch!  I'd try it myself but dont want to ruin a working computer by digging into something I know nothing about.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone with basic soldering skills/tools can do this harmlessly. Heck I'd say drag it over here and I'll throw a blob on it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The biggest issue is disassembly without damaging anything.  I once killed a keyboard in my wife's old laptop attempting a similar repair.   There's alot of fragile cables and crap in there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
mr. 45,
i use Belmont Computers on Belmont for all my computer stuff at work. they are great and fair priced.  their number is in the yellow pages, ask for tim or marcus.
hope that can help!
--josh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top