Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 3:27:23 PM EDT
Just a big thanks to everyone who shot an actual classic rifle,  who made it posiable for me to bring an AK to 2nd place.    LOL
I didnt have time to sight the SKS in so I didnt use it. Next time.

LET THE FLAMES BEGIN
thank you
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya, but my K-31 was the shizznit today...............Very happy with how it worked.

I'll get ya next month when I have my AK out again  

As always, it was a blast...........good to to see some of ya in person again!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]

I agree, great match and what a turn out of old guns.
Lets see...
k31
VZ24
M44 Mosina nagant
couple 03s
A Semi BAR (TOTALLY MISSED SEEING THOUGH>>>>but it was there!)
A FA thompson
M1 Garands
M1 carbines
Sks
and more.

Pribbz, no flames man you did freaking great! You finished right under a very good shooter, who was shooting a ver yhigh speed gun. Hard to run with the mp5s with an ar, let alone an ak! Well done dude.

Boo, I think there was a scoring error as I am pretty sure that I had enough penalties to take me out of the running. Not sure how that happened. Oh, I have some vid of the stand, kneel prone stage. Pretty much your whole run. I'll get it on disk or tape and fire it off.

Great fun guys.
Oh and matbe next time we can meet out in Tualitin or sherwood for breakfast so a few more of you knuckleheads can show. Whiners
CH
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the "Classic Rifle" match was alot of fun.  My Garand kicked ass!  It even got
3rd place.   This happened when Q-Man was using it not me.  Using the same gun,
my scores was way down the list.   I was singing Boo-Hoo until the second JD and beer
back kicked in  

CH: I my be a CMF, but I cleaned and greased up the Garand and next year I'll
be ready to blast you bolt-butt boys again

Pribbz:That Yugo SKS was too ugly and evil!  Ooooooowwwee! That bayounet is bitchin!
Got to have one.  My arsenal is going to get a Commie addition.  Keep those AK's away, I'm
out of space!

My $0.02 worth,

Spambo
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Low speed, High drag! W00t!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice job pribbz.  Looks like I owe you another round, what's this?  5 of 5?  I may have to sneak out and practice more often.

-K
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
where are the pics?
--josh
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry I missed it guys....but I needed some time away from home.....Feel better now though!  Look out!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
where are the pics?
--josh

pics
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats up with Kilt dude?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
where are the pics?
--josh

pics

is that the old gravel pit?  or did they let you guys shoot the match in the new pistol pits?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
is that the old gravel pit?  or did they let you guys shoot the match in the new pistol pits?

It was in the pistol pits. The old gravel pit was being used by the rock haulers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
where are the pics?
--josh

pics

And let me say, the new pistol pits are VERY NICE. You should head up and take a look.

CH
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]
How was the breakfast?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How was the breakfast?

Tasty.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How was the breakfast?

Great. Even had a couple nice lookin gals taken orders

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How was the breakfast?

Great. Even had a couple nice lookin gals taken orders

Shhhh.....................that's my secret!!!
why do ya think I go there
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
where are the pics?
--josh

pics

And let me say, the new pistol pits are VERY NICE. You should head up and take a look.

CH

hmmm...  that is a big plus.  centerfire rifle match has already been held in the pistol pits.  that bodes well for us in the future.

I have to go thurs, and I might go after work tomorrow or wed.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

hmmm...  that is a big plus.  centerfire rifle match has already been held in the pistol pits.  that bodes well for us in the future.

I have to go thurs, and I might go after work tomorrow or wed.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Is this our seceret plan?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#20]
The *Kilt Dude* is Alan B.  Since the match was the Classic Battle Rifle match,
there is usually at aleast one guy who wears "traditional gear".   Last year, Alan
was wearing a beret from the Canadian military unit he served in.  I suspect Alan
has some Scottish blood in him, hence the kilt.  He's a good guy and a good shooter.

Spambo
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

[mrburns]Excellent[/mrburns]

I know that the rimfire and night matches are also slated to be held in the pistol pits....

Its a start!
CH
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

yes.

under the current plan, PR will cease to exist when the 'redesign' is complete since there will be nowhere to shoot and move with a rifle.

the board of the club seems to be against allowing center-fire rifle in the tactical pits.  a bunch of old dudes shooting their hunting rifles and scribbling in their data books mumbling about evil assault rifles...  pissing off the ROs doesn't help us - they actually go to the board meetings and tell the club what they want.  whenever I go to the meetings there are never more than a handful of PR guys there.  

that means no real 3 gun matches, no guest instructors teaching rifle classes, no shooting on the move with a rifle, no shooting targets closer than 50 yards except on PR days, when the police depts have their patrol rifle classes, they use the 100yd rimfire range.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Practical Rifle ceased last Saturday. That was not a Practical Rifle match, it was a CQB match. That's why an MP5 won. Even the guys with 1898 bolt rifles would have wiped that MP5 on their ass in a real Battle Rifle Match.

Whenever it's shot in the pits and there are no shots over 50 yards, that's a Close Quarter Battle Match. It should be called that whenever it's 50 yards or under.

I'll be back with my FAL next month. Even if they put all the targets at 25 yards I'll still shoot the FAL. I might not beat the pistol carbines on the score sheet, but I'll still have the pleasure of hearing them squeal and watching them scatter when the muzzle blast from a real Battle Rifle slaps their face.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Tango...I don't know if I like your agressive tone
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Tango...I don't know if I like your agressive tone

Or that shit eating grin!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Practical Rifle ceased last Saturday. That was not a Practical Rifle match, it was a CQB match. That's why an MP5 won. Even the guys with 1898 bolt rifles would have wiped that MP5 on their ass in a real Battle Rifle Match.

Whenever it's shot in the pits and there are no shots over 50 yards, that's a Close Quarter Battle Match. It should be called that whenever it's 50 yards or under.

I'll be back with my FAL next month. Even if they put all the targets at 25 yards I'll still shoot the FAL. I might not beat the pistol carbines on the score sheet, but I'll still have the pleasure of hearing them squeal and watching them scatter when the muzzle blast from a real Battle Rifle slaps their face.

If I can get my POS WASR running okay, I'll be out there next month as well. It might be funny to watch as my pistol is worth more than that rifle!  I'll probably be lacking the fashionable camo though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Though you may be correct, I wouldnt mind more of them. The run and gun type match is my kinda thing. I would love to have 3 of the 4 stages be similer to to IPSC style courses of fire. With a little hike over the hill to the pit for a long range stage. Like the Rose festival shooting gallery stage a couple months back. IMHO, the close in stuff is more fun. Tell me some of the stages HERE, wouldnt be a blast with your carbine or main battle Rifle!

CH
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#28]

The usual Randy implemented setup is two close-up engagements and two out-there to way-far-out-there (with little itty bitty targets) engagements. That way any rifle setup for one specific type of engagement falls flat on it face as it’s put out of its element  50% of the time. It’s pretty ingenious and works extremely well. It’s not Precision Rifle or CQB Rifle, it’s both, hence it’s called Practical Rifle.

I hate seeing it degrade into just CQB because there are already other competitions that cover that. There are also precision matches, but they tend to start at 300 yards and above. Nothing else covers the in-your-face to 300 yards engagements all in one place like Practical Rifle. It’s a realistic combat rifle match. If it’s just a close or far match it’s not.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The usual Randy implemented setup is two close-up engagements and two out-there to way-far-out-there (with little itty bitty targets) engagements. That way any rifle setup for one specific type of engagement falls flat on it face as it’s put out of its element  50% of the time. It’s pretty ingenious and works extremely well. It’s not Precision Rifle or CQB Rifle, it’s both, hence it’s called Practical Rifle.

I hate seeing it degrade into just CQB because there are already other competitions that cover that. There are also precision matches, but they tend to start at 300 yards and above. Nothing else covers the in-your-face to 300 yards engagements all in one place like Practical Rifle. It’s a realistic combat rifle match. If it’s just a close or far match it’s not.

That's my favorite thing about practical rifle......you get a taste of everything. The fact that, for the most part, it's different every time is what keeps me coming back.....for almost 5 years now.
And where else can you have so much fun on a Saturday for $15???
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
And where else can you have so much fun on a Saturday for $15???

Hmmm...how about 2 gallons of Wesson vegetable oil, a razor, duct tape, and the neighbor's cat?

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be grown up now...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#31]
OK..........you're  NOT invited to breakfast next month.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ya ya.  From the few matches I have shot, I think the most fun were the up close fast shooting stages. I like the engangment of a variety but not as much as 2-50 yards. Dont get me wrong I love the stages the way they are and appriciate the hard work. I also think that Randy does a great job in setting up the matches to make them shootable for a wide range of shooters/weapons. Really I am in no position to complain. 6 years of matches running smoothly enough to still be here today says alot.

I was just not seeing the difinitive line between the disciplines. I see the praactical rifle as 0-300 meters with a focus on in close as practically speaking any of us that would fire our MBR in a situation of defending oursleves would be in close not out far. But again, I understand what your saying.

I guess I need to start shooting the tactical matches to get my fix
CH
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Okay you sums of bitches. You're telling me the practical rifle is open to ALL rifles or was this a one time deal with the older guns? When I hear practical rifle I'm thinking AK or AR which I have neither. My dad however, has an assortment of guns made back when he was about 5. Garand, 30 carbine, and a Russian model 44. Yeah, he's an old fart. You're telling me I could actually have gone AND competed? Summmms a bitch. I need to just start going.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Okay you sums of bitches. You're telling me the practical rifle is open to ALL rifles or was this a one time deal with the older guns? When I hear practical rifle I'm thinking AK or AR which I have neither. My dad however, has an assortment of guns made back when he was about 5. Garand, 30 carbine, and a Russian model 44. Yeah, he's an old fart. You're telling me I could actually have gone AND competed? Summmms a bitch. I need to just start going.

Yep. The last one would have been a good one as it was a Classic Battle RIfle match. But We see carbines at the regular matches. Come out, youe'll love it.
CH
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#35]
hey SG - bring out the garand!  the .30 carbine might have trouble at distance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top