Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 7:01:06 PM EDT
I am trying to decide if I want to go this weekend to the practical rifle competition. I have a lot of work to do, but it looks like a lot of fun. What should I do? Would I need a sponsor, or do I just show up?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on what guns you own, this match may or may not be the best match for you.

The match this week is the Classic Battle Rifle match, which means a gun in service in 1945.
Since so many of these guns shoot steel jacketed or core ammo, we will be shooting at
cardboard and paper.  The round count will be much lower than normal, probably around
50 rounds total.

Normally, we shoot AR's, AK's, HK's, ..etc.  The round count may be over 100 so it is a good
idea to bring 200 rounds, several mags, knee & elbow pads, $15 and lunch since the match
lasts most of the day.

You do not need a sponser.  The gate code on match days is supposed to be: 223308.

The match is held in the gravel pit which is located in back of the IPSC area.  Be there by 8:45AM.

At the walkthru(9AM), you will be assigned a range buddy who will help you out and make sure
you understand the procedures.

As far as shooting competitions go, this is pretty low key IMHO.

Spambo  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll give you about a 1/2 an hour to get settled before the newbie harrassment begins

J/K

I have said before, it's the most fun I have all month, and I don't lead THAT boring of a life....
Your first couple of times will be spent soaking it all in, but if you're like most of us, it's like crack.....you just can't stop!!! Come on out, you will have a good time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You won't be the only newbie there. This will be my first trip also. BSW
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Please don’t go, it’s all ready crowded enough.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
   that was mean..............
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Please don’t go, it’s all ready crowded enough.

Well I was going to go but after that I dont know.................................

And I was going to use my 1919a6 for the competition oh well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't laugh too hard there was a guy out there one month with a belt-fed RPK.......

That was, how do ya put it.........F'ing kool........
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Don't laugh too hard there was a guy out there one month with a belt-fed RPK.......

That was, how do ya put it.........F'ing kool........

The belt-fed 1911:

The belt-fed .308 AR:

www.shottist.com/beltfed.html
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top