Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:39:43 PM EDT
I am the family to Roseurg as the job is transferring me dwon there at the end of the month. So I was just wondering if any of you all live the Roseburg Area. Do you have any shoots down there or are they up in the commy area of Portland. On another note, boy will I be happy to not have to drive in Portland traffic everyday.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Roseburg is great, hardly any liberals there, unfortunatly very few ARFCOM members in Douglas.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree it is great down there and very conservative too. I grew up down there it is actually a homecoming for me and the wife really loves it down there too. She grew up in Vancouver but is getting to really hate even the traffic and polictics in Vancouver; its all those damn Portland libs moving across and polluting Vancouver. Can you tell I don't like Portland??
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
And the people from Portland are from Kali first, right? Man, it's getting to where I don't know what state I could go to too get away from the liberal BS. Have you heard about our proposed assault weapons ban? Worse than Califernias.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Roseburg ARF.COM roll call......+1
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Moving back in November to Roseburg/Sutherlin area. After I retire from the Air Force.
RHS Class of '85
Anyone know of any good jobs?
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Get into the service industry for something, maybe the health care system, STAY AWAY, I REPEAT, STAY AWAY FROM THE WOOD PRODUCTS FACILITIES NOW!  Yuck, volatile unstable freakin scum traps.  Not all of the people who work there represent that, but to try to make a career out of it now is foolish.  Work for 3 months, laid off for 7-8 weeks (never over hunting season I might add).

Link Posted: 7/12/2005 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Get into the service industry for something, maybe the health care system, STAY AWAY, I REPEAT, STAY AWAY FROM THE WOOD PRODUCTS FACILITIES NOW!  Yuck, volatile unstable freakin scum traps.  Not all of the people who work there represent that, but to try to make a career out of it now is foolish.  Work for 3 months, laid off for 7-8 weeks (never over hunting season I might add).

That is the main reason that I joined the Miltary, no jobs. But it is home, so I will try and make the best of it. I have extensive experience in the Construction Industry. Both in the work and in managment. I have been a project manager/inspector for over two years now. I am ok with people, so managment has never been a problem. I've been workin' with the Vets offive in the employment section down there. I should be able to find something to where I can get a home and pay the bills. (At least I hope so. The kids are headed that way in late Aug. to start School.)
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the main reason that I joined the Miltary, no jobs. But it is home, so I will try and make the best of it. I have extensive experience in the Construction Industry. Both in the work and in managment. I have been a project manager/inspector for over two years now. I am ok with people, so managment has never been a problem. I've been workin' with the Vets offive in the employment section down there. I should be able to find something to where I can get a home and pay the bills. (At least I hope so. The kids are headed that way in late Aug. to start School.)

My wife works at the VA and if you served you should have no problems getting on over there at all.  They just pulled a Janitor and put him in one of their law enforcement jobs.  Good luck
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually live in WA but I work in Sutherlin.  I don't post often but would love to meet an AR board friend while I am down here.  I live here for 5 days and head back to WA for the weekends.

As far as work goes - there are 14 bridge repair/replacement jobs going on over the next two years between Roseburg and Eugene(That's the project I am on).   May be able to pick up some work through the subcontractors as these heat up towards Sept.

Link Posted: 7/14/2005 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My wife (soon to be ex,I think) works at the VA and if you served you should have no problems getting on over there at all.  They just pulled a Janitor and put him in one of their law enforcement jobs.  Good luck

My MIL worked there for over 30 years. In the Nursing Home Care Unit. She retired a couple of years ago. I'm hoping to find something there or as a inspector with the city or county.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I just moved down to Roseburg.  I need to find some people to go shooting with and someone to show me a good place to go shooting.  I went out last weekend out east on 138 and kinda found a place.  But it's not as much fun by myself.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Try Roseburg Rod & Gun Club.  I shoot GSSF there, and have been really impressed with the beauty of the club.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Try Roseburg Rod & Gun Club.  I shoot GSSF there, and have been really impressed with the beauty of the club.

ugghhh (shudders)        Run Away.  
I was on the board for over a year, ran thier trap club for close to 3 years.  I can honestly say that organization is nothing short of the SS.  If they had a fresh board of members, maybe it would go better, but its stagnent to say the least.  Same bs, year after year.  They just spent close to 30K on a new gate at the front entrance.  I do agree with the reason why they put it in and it does look nice, BUT it is obtrusive and does not lend itself to new members or folks just wanting to look at the club or grounds.  I guess now its awfully hard to be a visitor.  

That said, they do have a nice facility, nice rifle range with a berm out to 220, nice pistol range (indoor/outdoor) and the IPSC course is also very nice.  If it were not for the volunteers that club wouldnt be shit.

IF you are an ar fan, dont take your 30 or even 20rd mags there though, its one at a time!

IM me and we'll hook up, I know of some ok spots to go shoot, depends on what you want to do, but I'll be around.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just moved down to Roseburg.  I need to find some people to go shooting with and someone to show me a good place to go shooting.  I went out last weekend out east on 138 and kinda found a place.  But it's not as much fun by myself.  

Maybe after I get down there in three weeks for good we can head out on a Saturday or something... that is if you can ever get out that place and away for a Saturday.

Maybe we can get petagunner to meet up with us sometime. Waddaya say petagunner?
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe after I get down there in three weeks for good we can head out on a Saturday or something... that is if you can ever get out that place and away for a Saturday.

Maybe we can get petagunner to meet up with us sometime. Waddaya say petagunner?

I'm game! There is a great rock pit on top of Burnt Mt that you can stretch out to bout 200 yds or so.  Let me know and I can see if I can grab some bowling balls to shoot up.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2005 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am the family to Roseurg as the job is transferring me dwon there at the end of the month. So I was just wondering if any of you all live the Roseburg Area. Do you have any shoots down there or are they up in the commy area of Portland. On another note, boy will I be happy to not have to drive in Portland traffic everyday.

WTF? Your moving to OR now?  Check your IM.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I will be around at the end of Aug, First part of Sept. (have to get the kids settled in school). I might be up for some shootin' around then, depending on how Busy it gets. I'm hopin' got a few  job interviews. Tryin' to get something set-up (job wise) for early December, when I get out of the AF.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I should be there about mid august...the houses close on the 11th and 12th so I should be moving that weekend. After I get settled I am sure me and OregonARfan would love to get together for some shootin with ya'll.

BTW AFlineman, if you need a job I know of an armored car company that is hiring.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well I should be there about mid august...the houses close on the 11th and 12th so I should be moving that weekend. After I get settled I am sure me and OregonARfan would love to get together for some shootin with ya'll.

BTW AFlineman, if you need a job I know of an armored car company that is hiring.

I might be interested as an iterum job. I am trying to get into Construction Managment, which is what I am doin' at the moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top