Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2005 12:55:11 PM EDT
Did I mention I was getting two cases of Tannerite.

Bang
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Hee Hee blow somethin' up already.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I might go visit that big rock.

Bang
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Good times!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
GI Joes has some nice size ammo cans for ten bucks also. About as big as four of the regular cans, handles on each end. They're ruff but a little elbow grease and some olive drab Krylon and they clean up pretty good. Holds the two cases of Tannerite with room to spare.

Bang
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys are so weird!

LOL.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GI Joes has some nice size ammo cans for ten bucks also. About as big as four of the regular cans, handles on each end. They're ruff but a little elbow grease and some olive drab Krylon and they clean up pretty good. Holds the two cases of Tannerite with room to spare.

Bang

Those cans are a bit overpriced, IMO. I was checking them out the other day, but there just aren't any places left to get good surplus stuff anymore, and if you have to order it, S&H will eat you alive. That said I may buy 1 or 2 of those 20 MM cans, as I have recently filled up the last of the ones I brought back from my time in the service with mags, now that the AWB is dead.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The Army Surplus store in Aloha has them for $20. so I didn't think the price was too bad at GI Joes. Then again they are still trying to sell 30 round mags for over $25.

Bang
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
GI Joes is as good as it gets now, but a few years ago you could get ones you'd swear were brand new for that price. I've never been to aloha, I didn't know there were any surplus stores left.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry i didn't mention it but gijoes had a sale on last month where you got a free ammo can with every bulk pack of ammo-    I was buying $30 ammo that was also on sale for 25 and getting a free ammo can with it.    they had really poor looking cans- rusted and dented, so i asked if they had some in the back because i needed around 10 free cans.    They did have some in the back, and they looked nearly new.

Bang-  Can you weigh those jars of tannerite?    i got some from daniel and they are the smaller 1/2 pounders, but the container is one ounce and the tannerite itself is only 7 ounces.     But he gave me several free bottles so i got more than a 1/2 pound per case over all  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]
what is a case costing these days?

Link Posted: 3/18/2005 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#11]
listed sale price is $89 for one case, $160 for two cases.    He gives addt'l discount to ar15.com members.    I don't know if that includes shipping or not, the one time (last month) i bought from him i met him at the local DQ and paid $300 for 4 cases.    If i had known he had a 5 case for $345 package(not including any ar15com discount) i definitely would have gone with that.

haven't gotten to shoot any of mine off yet.   still waiting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't have anyway to weigh them but I wonder if adding the grey powder brings them up to 8oz?

Bang
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't have anyway to weigh them but I wonder if adding the grey powder brings them up to 8oz?

Bang

good point.    I'll try to remember to bring my scale to the range when i mix them up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top