Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2005 6:49:16 PM EDT

I have a Bushy 16" with no muzzle device whatsoever.  With the passing of the AWB I would very much like to add a Vortex or Phantom to this barrel.  I have too little knowledge and no tools to attempt this myself.

Could any of yall suggest a good smith who is reasonably priced to do this work?

I live near Sweet Home though I do get up to Portland every so often.

Much thanks to all.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Find a machinist, have him/her thread your barrel to what ever specs the flash hider specifies (most are 1x28) and put it on.  

I purchased a Vortex for my Hbar and it went on slick as a whistle.  A gunsmith will charge you about $150 or so and send it out to a machinist.  You can do the same thing for less than $50.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I never considered that.  My step daughter's husband is a helo mechanic.  I'll ask him if they are set up for that sorta thing.

Live and learn.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Roger at Revelation Arms will do it for $50.  It's worth the trip just to see some of the stuff he's working on.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again!!   I'll check that out immediatly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Roger at Revelation Arms will do it for $50.  It's worth the trip just to see some of the stuff he's working on.

Yup, last time I was in his shop I walked out $400 poorer ( $200 suppressor, $200tax)  He had a friggen minigun on the bench!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#6]
He seems to be constantly working on that minigun.  Every time I was in there it was on that bench.  I think it would look nice mounted on the hood of my car -- perfect for those Hummer owners who want to cut me off...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
you could talk with jack at Dandee's there in sweet home too...or stop by rangemaster gunworks on hwy 20 before albany...

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!  Man, smack me in the head with a fish.  Don't know why I didn't think of Dandee's.

Just picked up some XM193 from them the other day too.  Duh.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, last time I was in his shop I walked out $400 poorer ( $200 suppressor, $200tax)  He had a friggen minigun on the bench!

I've never been to Revelation Arms, but Spambo had him put on his flash suppressor.  We were at the range and his groups were all over the place.  I looked over his rifle and the barrel was loose in the upper receiver.  I took Spambo's gun home and re-tightened the barrel nut for him according to the torque specification.  Now his rifle shoots fine.

To put a flash suppressor on my rifle, I re-barreled my upper with a Bushmaster super lightweight barrel.  I didn't care that much for my old barrel.  It takes a couple of special tools you can buy on the Internet.

I would say that it pays to have someone who has done this before AND knows what they are doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top